Hop-idol Report

Wayne-king

oh my god, i just got back (after dealing with about 30 people talking to me on msn :P)

I have never had so much fun in my life! :S

Thanks so much to all the guys who cheered me on, it was such a blast, and was so cool. A massive thanks to mavic for making the banner as well! :lol: I went to find it at the end, but couldn't. Scott Walker & Co. were holding it up today. :)

Saturday was awsome, everyone was riding well, and props to everyone for busting out some big moves, + getting the crowd going. And well done to the three other guys who got through to the semi-final.

I took two front-heavy crashes, resulting in a ) fork legs twisted and b ) (after attemting to bridge between two sets of sleepers) the disk mounts snapping off. After failing to recieve a donation of forks from selectbikes, Martyn Ashton went round collecting money of riders and the crowd, in aid of the "Fatmike Fork Fund". He got enough to buy me some echo urbans from X-st! :P

I reckon i was riding a little better on saturday, a little more controlled, and nailed some things i couldn't do on sunday, still with a couple of largeish moves, and with the aid of the crowd, i managed to get through. :P)

After arriving at the show on sunday at about 12, i had a little while to stretch, and wake up. (Out riding till 11 saturday night) The show kicked off with Andy P and Nick Manning, both busting out some crazy lines, and really pushing themselves. Big up them. :P Next up were me + Jon Shrewsbury, who was pulling some sick moves, doing some big stuff, and taking a nasty crash! (Got on my camera :P) I did some ok stuff, was pleased that i got up onto the highest part of the course and gapped down to the round things, even after taking a damn funny crash on landing on my third go! Jon was definately on top form, and deserved to go through to get 2nd place. I met bigman, pierre, nick and crew, and also pete wright. :) Who finally gave me the £8 for the booster i gave him at DJ's funeral. Result!

From the two groups of two, Andy P got 1st place, and Jon got 2nd, they both fully deserved it, and i wish them best of luck on the m-a-d team! :P

I'm sure vids and pics will follow. :P

Mike.

Edited by fatmike

nah, benito is just shit and looks like mr bean.

andy only one cause of our cheering :S well done matey. i told you we were wasting our time on mike :lol: :P

is jon on the team aswell? from reading mikes post^^or have i read it wrong

Edited by EngageClothin

Correct.

From talking to Jon and Andy after the final, they get two bikes each, a 20 and a 26. Will update when i know more. Im sure Andy may post too.

Correct.

From talking to Jon and Andy after the final, they get two bikes each, a 20 and a 26. Will update when i know more. Im sure Andy may post too.

ye speaking to jon now, he is on the team and he is getting a 20 and 26 and andy and himself get to go MANY places like morroco and that. nice one boyos

nah, benito is just shit and looks like mr bean.

andy only one cause of our cheering :S well done matey. i told you we were wasting our time on mike :lol:  :P

AND......my cheering!! and my banner! If you saw me?

i made that sign :lol:

Ha Ha, that was funny, we were just looking into the croud, and all of a sudden this banner just popped up from the sea of people, saying 'FATMIKE'.

Well done boys!

Edited by wally

I never saw Mikes one :P I saw Charlotte making the PHAT (yes PH) banner for Mike 'n Nick :S Classic :) Good Job girls :P Oh Charlotte, pull your jeans up next time :P

James :lol:

stop mentioning my trousers lol. You said about it in New members chat aswel :P I'm sorry, I'll buy new jeans because they are too big round my waist. sorry mum lol.

Do you mean my banner saying 'BOO' for mike and nick? :P" hehe

I took two front-heavy crashes, resulting in a ) fork legs twisted and b ) (after attemting to bridge between two sets of sleepers) the disk mounts snapping off. After failing to recieve a donation of forks from selectbikes, Martyn Ashton went round collecting money of riders and the crowd, in aid of the "Fatmike Fork Fund". He got enough to buy me some echo urbans from X-st! :D

That was very nice of him, but not very nice of phil. :ermm:

James porter had a drinking problem when we where chearing mike on didnt u james lol  :-  :-

lmao! (Y) who was the guy in front of us that got soaked? i think the funniest bit was when Nick Manning did the drop from the concrete pillar, and james shouted "YEAH!!!!! V!Z rims are strong!!!!!!!!!!"

Edit: oops i cant read :">

Edited by Wayne-king

stop mentioning my trousers lol. You said about it in New members chat aswel  ;)  I'm sorry, I'll buy new jeans because they are too big round my waist. sorry mum lol.

Do you mean my banner saying 'BOO' for mike and nick?  (Y)"  hehe

Lol I didn't know which one you'd read :"> ah well was constant cause of chuckles (Y) And don't call me MUM ;) And yeah it was the boo banner that did it for me (Y) Was proper funny!

James ;)