Need A Wierd Hub

megamomac

basically, im after a rear disc hub that will fit a mod bike....

i dont personally know of any i was hoping u guys could give me some help as to if one actually exists. cost is irrelevant within reason

it has to be disc compatible as this i s my only braking option

cheers

alex

The only one I really knew of before was the Bikegas disc hub by Megamo, but since Megamo went tits up I think you're largely screwed.

Monty presumably do one, 'cos Cesar Canas runs rear disc on his mod, and you can also get Brisa B20D's, so I'm guessing too that Brisa might do one :o

Mark

The only one I really knew of before was the Bikegas disc hub by Megamo, but since Megamo went tits up I think you're largely screwed.

Monty presumably do one, 'cos Cesar Canas runs rear disc on his mod, and you can also get Brisa B20D's, so I'm guessing too that Brisa might do one :o

Mark

Isn't the spacing on a Brisa normal mtb size, so you could run a DMR Revolver with the disc attactment.

I have a bikegas hub/wheelbuild and can run a 165 hope rotor just fine, dont know / tried any bigger rotor sizes however.

For the profile cassette hub i think there very rare and hard to get hold of however i believe wiggle still stock them.

Isn't the spacing on a Brisa normal mtb size, so you could run a DMR Revolver with the disc attactment.

Good call.

Does the DMR Revolver disc attachment attach to the micro-drive (14t> side) freewheel threads or the standard threads (14t<)? If it's the micro-drive, most mod hubs have micro and standard, so it should be diamond...

Well, as much as a screw-on disc mount can be :o

Good call.

Does the DMR Revolver disc attachment attach to the micro-drive (14t> side) freewheel threads or the standard threads (14t<)?  If it's the micro-drive, most mod hubs have micro and standard, so it should be diamond...

Well, as much as a screw-on disc mount can be :o

You've lost me now. That's all I know on it.

Yeah yeah yeah, but the point I'm getting at is that you could buy the screw-on disc mount for a Revolver, then run it on any standard mod hub. However, if it screws onto the standard sized freewheel thread (same thread size as, say, front freewheel cranks) then you'd have to find a different sprocket for the rear. However, if they screw onto the micro-drive side, you could run it fine with a 12t fixed rear sprocket with the disc mount on the micro-drive side.

Mark

Just checked DMRBikes.com:

- Run a conventional freewheel (16t plus) with rim brakes or a disc or flip the hub over & run a compact 14t freewheel. Pick the option that suits you or adapt the wheel as your needs change. (See Upgrade section for freewheels)

So from that, I'm guessing that it fits on the 'compact' freewheel side, meaning that you're sorted :o

All you'd need would just be the disc mount and the locknut.

Mark

Yeah, 110mm (unless it's a stupid Monty, in which case we're looking at 106mm) compared to your fat-ass 135mm spacing. Anyhoo, apparently that disc mount could potentially work loose after repeated backhopping, but aralditing the discmount in place, then thread-locking/aralditing the lockring on should work :o

i already have the bikegas hub, but am looking to get rid of the louise single piston set up. Also the drive side cartidge bearing is no longer existant as it parted company with the hub some time ago !!

i was thinking the same thing with the revolver screw on mount. any more ideas feel free to pos them up !!

chers for the replys chaps.

alex

actually. scrap that idea... ( my ideas not yours lol )if it means i can get riding i dont mind getting another bearing for the bikegas hub. does anyone know what siz it may be, as the non drive side is smaller in dia. ?

alos does anyone know anywhere that i could easily get hold of cartrige bearings?

cheers guys

alex

Edited by megamomac