Google Video Hosting

trialsking 55

just thought i'd let you all know that googles video hoster is now up. but it's not finished yet. so you can upload movies and get memborship but you'll have towait until you recieve an e-mail from google informing you when they are in the next phase and your vids can be linked and hosted. so...

you can upload as many vids as you like of any size :S :) :D ;)

and they even have a seperate section for TV stations/broadcasters :P

just go here linky

Edited by trialsking 55

same - ive signed up, hopefully this will turn into the new place to downlaod 'legal' copies of dvds!! :S and bigger movies. No doubt though they willl have problems with bandwitdh eventually!

cheers for the link ;)

Hopefully that will help lessen the burdon on trials-shack too :)

Better not steal all my visitors though :blink:

Nah, good on 'em. Maybe i should e-mail them asking for sponsorship. Tell them i've been doing the same idea for the past 10 months :)

Joking ofcourse.

May have a look at a way of porting it. So you can add google links to trials-shack, and download google videos through trials-shack. Saying that, i really can't be assed but it's an idea :(

Might be a problem for maybe 80% of people on here, it doesn't say they welcome MPEG-1 videos, i.e. the normal .mpg videos people post on here, this includes me.

But im 110% happy with Simon's efforts, so I doubt I'll touch Google... but thats just me, each to their own :blink:

Jonny.

Might be a problem for maybe 80% of people on here, it doesn't say they welcome MPEG-1 videos, i.e. the normal .mpg videos people post on here, this includes me.

But im 110% happy with Simon's efforts, so I doubt I'll touch Google... but thats just me, each to their own :blink:

Jonny.

well i've uploaded one of my vids in mpg which i made on movie maker as test and it's all worked fine. just gotta wait for the next phase to come into action

well i've uploaded one of my vids in mpg which i made on movie maker as test and it's all worked fine. just gotta wait for the next phase to come into action

Ahh ok, I would have thought its just a normal apache server, that can run any files. Here's hoping at least.

Jonny.

I think we can if we don't charge for it  :blink:  because there is a option to charge for your videos to be downloaded on this new google thing!

mike

We would still be breaking licence regulations, or whatever they call it, the law or something, because then people downlaoding the videos would be gettin a song for free when they should buy it, just use free music maybe.

Phil.

same - ive signed up, hopefully this will turn into the new place to downlaod 'legal' copies of dvds!!  :blink:  and bigger movies. No doubt though they willl have problems with bandwitdh eventually!

Google will never have problems with bandwidth ever.

And google will delete anything that infringes any kind of copywrite.

We would still be breaking licence regulations, or whatever they call it, the law or something, because then people downlaoding the videos would be gettin a song for free when they should buy it, just use free music maybe.

Phil.

i am sure that the law is (or at least was a few years ago) that you can use whatever music you want, if you don't make money off it! AND credit the correct artist, label, etc!

but they are not really downloading the song though, you can't really get the song of the video and put it on your ipod or whatever (well you could in theory, but it would be crap...)

It may have changed, needs some research not gonna do it now because of my bed tempting me :blink:

but wll have a look on internet tomorrow

Im pretty sure that google wont like 95% of the videos off trialsshack due to most of them breaking copywrite with the songs on them :(

as long as you dont describe what songs are on it i dont think it'll matter. i doubt their gonna go through every vid which is uploaded.

there's alot of interest in this as lots of parkour forums have topics on it and otn.

somehow it seems too good to be true :blink:

ah well just wait and see eh

Google does point out in the T&C's that members are responsible for not uploading copyrighted materials. But I dunno if they'd be that worried about simple trials videos - they've surely gotta worry more about the potential for putting TV programs/films up.

11. You Must Have the Right to Use All of the Images, Music and Data of Any Sort in Your Authorized Content, and You Must Have the Right to Grant the Licenses in this Agreement.

That's what it says in the Terms Of Service, but i don't think anyone would possibly be able to view all the videos that are uploaded to check if they breach copyrights.

I wouldn't advise putting band/song names in the titles anymore though as that would obviously make them easier to spot.

:(