Anybody Know Of Any Shops Where

Sam Nichols

Hey,

I'm desperately in need of a new bike since my Norco ended up like this (Click For Topic)

I was just about to replace all of the parts through my LBS and pay for them bit by bit HOWEVER now that the norco is shagged I may as well go for a complete bike (woodstock)

I can't get it through my LBS because they aren't able to order it from Supercycles which means no pay bit by bit going on there...

So, Does anybody know of any shops where I could get a Woodstock and pay monthly/weekly or whatever?

This really would be a great help because if I can't get a bike this way... I'm not really going to get a bike! :blink:

I'm not too sure about getting it on finance, but have you considered a personal loan? They really aren't as scary as they sound. If you have a part time job you should be able to borrow all you need :blink:

Try Virgin loans, they are consistantly rated well, and have 6.9% APR at the mo I believe. Give them a call, you might be able to work something out.

(By the way - getting a bike on finance will have the same sort of conditions as a personal loan - so if you have no income at all, you wont have much luck)

Cheers for the replies guys.

UrbanLegend - I'm not 18 so I can't get a personal loan and my parents aren't happy about being guarantors... so that's out the window :blink:

Mark - Just been on the mark anthony site.. which now appears to be trialsshop.co.uk or something but I can't find anything about finance :(

again, thanks anyway guys... But anyone else?

EDIT: cancel that... the finance bit was staring me right in the face!!

Edited by nichols_sam

from what I can see they do finance on anything... The site is (in all fairness) absolutely terrible and very very unprofessional!

However, trialsshop.co.uk is the trials section of Mark Anthony and yes, it does do finance.

Interest rate is very confusing...

19.9% apr monthley interest rate 1.53% Finance is only available on R.R.P. prices

I'm not 100% sure what this means, however I don't think I will be able to sort out finance with them since i'm going to need my parents to be guarantors again :blink:

They're against finance and credit and loans and things :(

Hope that helps clear things up?

I think it means that the good rate of interest is only availabel if the item you are using the finance on is being sold to you at the RRP aka any sale item will cost more in finance,

Yup, and you'll get charged 19.9% of what you borrow every year. Ie borrow £1000 for a year and pay back £1199 (1000 + 199) :blink:

from what I can see they do finance on anything... The site is (in all fairness) absolutely terrible and very very unprofessional!

However, trialsshop.co.uk is the trials section of Mark Anthony and yes, it does do finance.

Interest rate is very confusing...

I'm not 100% sure what this means, however I don't think I will be able to sort out finance with them since i'm going to need my parents to be guarantors again :(

They're against finance and credit and loans and things :)

Hope that helps clear things up?

hi its hulltrialser on my bros acount.

you can get it from trialsshop at apr.19%24@52.60 heres a link woodstock you may have to ring up if you cant find it on he website.

hope this helped.

ben

edit here is a direct link to the finance page linkage

Er, nice one. Maybe read the thread next time :blink:

Out of interest, have you tried phoning supercycles and explaining your situation. Not sure if they do finance in all honesty, but its worth a shot :)

1. Yes we do do credit agreements at Super Cycles

2. You do need to be 18 to pass the finance company criteria to get credit ( often this is effectively 20 as very few 18 year olds have enough work or credit history to get accepted)

3. We do have a dealer on Guernsey, Ian Brown Cycles, can they not help.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Mike, unfortunately I work for Bob Duquemins Cycles which just happens to be one of Ian Browns cycles... as far as competition for custom goes the two are, lets say, not very friendly! As I work for Bob I can't buy the bike from Ian because Bob wouldn't be happy :)

There is another reason and that is that Ian Brown is known locally for charging VAT prices on bike, he says that this is to cover postage.. but 14.9% from £1000 is £149 and there is absolutely no chance in hell I'm paying £149 for postage!

I'm really pissed off because I made plans to sell the Norco and save a bit then buy the Woodstock... and being the nob that I am, I thought "nah, I'll keep the Norco it's a great bike. Why buy something new when theres nowt wrong with this"

:( Such a tit.

There is another reason and that is that Ian Brown is known locally for charging VAT prices on bike, he says that this is to cover postage.. but 14.9% from £1000 is £149 and there is absolutely no chance in hell I'm paying £149 for postage!

Go and pick it up then? Guernsey ain't exactly big!

Go and pick it up then?  Guernsey ain't exactly big!

haha! you tit! I meant freight from the UK!

im guessing he is talking abou the shipping supercycles charge them to get the stuff to Guernsey in the first place.

yeah, thats what they say... but i know for a fact it only costs about £10 for bikes to come from the mainland! (thats how much freight we pay for treks and raleighs and things anyway...)