Shadow Conspiracy Chain

ZeroMatt

I've been running a kmc kool chain with a tensioner for a while now and have snapped the mech hanger a few times. Recently i heard about the shadow conspiracy chain that is made entirely from half links, im thinking that i could run that without having a tensioner, is this so? Also how strong is it and where could i get it from cheap?

Thanks Matt :-

He's already got a kool chain and doesn't want to change chains for strength (i think). Seeing as the Shadow conspiracy chain is made up of half links it is stronger anyway and sounds like it could be possible to run no tensioner, but i am not sure anyway :D

Edit: i'm too slow :-

Edited by Urpedigreechumdog

i have a shadow chain on my bmx and its nice but i wouldnt bother with it on a trials bike it stretches a bit on my bmx so on a trials bike itll just stretch it far to much.

also with this chain you should be able to get a better chaintension but chances are you wont get it perfect.

id stick with the kool chain and leave the shadow chain for the bmx boys.

shadow con chains are the db's

i got one on my bmx and on my et24, i havent streched them at all, u can shorten them so they are more or less perfect for any wheel base cos of the half link designm just be care ful with ur tools cos the chains eat tols for beakfast.

I know that the shadow conspiricy chain is excellent for bmx, but i'm not too sure how it will proform on a trials bike.

It will definately fit since its entirely halflinks, some have mentioned problems with strech.

A friend of mine has used the chain on his bmx and it hasn't streched enough to ruin the chain tension (hasn't tightened the chain tugs since he got it).

I say go for the SC chain, its made for bmx so theres not much to go wrong with it.

Does this help?

Chris :-

Im just running a kmc with a half link and I get perfect tension this way.  Much cheaper and just as effective soloution

what half link are you running?

I have a interlock chain to put on my new bike, because i just want to try them out, i dunno if it will be any good or not. If its crap will go back to a kool or try the collapse chain

mike

I am also going to try a half link chain, as the chain i am running at the moment does not like fitting around my 12 tooth profile cog.

I remember a while back someone posting a picture of one on their bike, was it bigman, we need to ask whoever it was how they got an with it, as a few months have passed now.

:)

How so?  Is it not meshing properly?  If so, is it an old or a new chain?  New Profile?

The chain never wants to sit down on the teeth properly, as if the chain links are too long. It makes an awful sound when you pedal backwards.

So my first thought was to buy a half link chain, as all the links are smaller, so surely they fit around the cog better.

They're not smaller; they're the same relative pitch otherwise they wouldn't fit on at all.

Is it just an old chain which has stretched out too far? Or a new chain that needs to bed in?

Same thing happened when I put a whole new drive-train on my bike before; it just used to crunch loads when I pedalled forwards - felt shite. Tried replacing bits, but it stayed the same, so I rode it in for a bit. It cleared up on it's own pretty quickly, which was nice :)

A-ha, yeah, I'm guessing it's just the way it's worn the chain then... You can just let it bed in, 'cos that's what I ended up doing, 'cos a new chain didn't sort it so I just put an old one on and let it do it's own thing, so if money's tight I wouldn't bother buying a new chain...