Validation

Simon_Koxx

This account 'Santa Clause' was registered Today, at 11:49 AM. And yes. It's validated.

This account was the idea of Mod661 (me) and Fatmike got 2 posts on it, just because I was chatting to him on MSN at the time I told him about it!

We made 4 posts. Yes, FOUR, and have been validated. The posts can be found here, near the bottome as they're the first posts.

We've been validated in such a quick time, and did this, just to show how easy it is to get validated if you follow the guidelines. I doubt it would of even needed 4 posts, but we did it to hurry the process up, and no Admin's or Moderators were online to validate us at 2am or whatever.

So. The point of this exercise? Learn from this. I suspect, if you do one decent post, you will be validated. It's true. But there's no point making that one post if you're going to make shit posts in the future.

All of you. Read other people's posts, check google for spellings and click 'definition' to check you're using the word you think!

I'll get fatmike to give any other stuff he'd like to make on the point.

We wondered weather we could sell a validated account for over a Fiver >_<, but decided it'd be pointless as we'd just get pissed off at the person we'd of sold it to, due to their low standard of posts (as they weren't validated)

Anyways. Please give all opinions and views on the topic. I didn't really want to make it that much of a big deal but all new members have been whining so much recently, it had to be done.

Also, i'll make Danny and Tom post in here, just to tell you that I did not tell them about this in the slightest. And whoever validated me can give their reasons.

Thanks for reading all that tripe!

Santa, AKA Fat661 :turned:

I suppose my view is that I couldn't really care less?

We all know how validation works....

One of my Friends on here (mrd156) was validated in one post, and he has very bad dyslexia. It happens......

Edited by Fishwog

I suppose my view is that I couldn't really care less?

We all know how validation works....

One of my Friends on here (mrd156) was validated in one post, and he has very bad dyslexia. It happens......

ok >_<

Sorry? I guess...

Just trying to prove the point that the kids in NMC shud know how easy it is to be validated.

Does it honestly btother you THAT!!! much that if sum kid comes on here and post's some shite, all you have to do is NOT read it, stop being such a picky f**ker, its not the end of the world!!

I cant belive you went to all that effort lol. >_<

Edited by Davetrials

I think Tank Rider did that sort of thing and got validated within 24 hours or whatever. Getting validated is easy if you can talk about stuff. Fair enough if you know about the ins and outs of hubs and are willing to write an essay. But most of the new members probably aren't knowledgeable enough to give that sort of reply, and also aren't willing to write an essay. To be honest, you wouldn't expect to have to write an essay just to get onto a forum about bikes. Everyone knows that if you write posts with good spelling/grammar and you have stuff to say, then you'll get validated in no time.

It's just that most new members seem to be young, and insist on writing one-line replies to pointless threads, in text speak. Anyway.

I agree with ben.

There is too much of a divide, all of the "important" people are validated imediatly, whereas alot of good riders, with a positive input get left restricted to the other zone, as they are soo "important" so they have to wait for a convenient time to be validated.

I have met a few people who have joined here, and given up trying to get validated becuase its too much work.

This account 'Santa Clause' was registered Today, at 11:49 AM. And yes. It's validated

Posted Today, 11:02 AM

Im not buying that.

There is too much of a divide, all of the "important" people are validated imediatly, whereas alot of good riders, with a positive input get left restricted to the other zone, as they are soo "important" so they have to wait for a convenient time to be validated.

It's nothing to do with being important, being a good rider, or anything like that.

If you can post decent messages you get validated. Thats it, simple as that.

Sorry, but thats total bollocks.

If you dont ever go into New Members Chat, which is seems most people have replied obviously dont, then you wouldnt have a clue and you need not reply to this thread..