What Program Does Everyone Use To Download Music?

Trials Star

Hey All,

As the title says, what program do you use too download your music? i used too use bit-torrent but i think the police or some one shut it down, i use limewire now and again but its not the best for music, quite good for videos but not music because its not the same format that you can copy it onto disc because i have tryed. :)

So what program do you all use? :)

Thanks,

Mat.

:)

Edited by Trials Star

i used too use bit-torrent but i think the police or some one shut it down, i use limewire now and again but its not the best for music, quite good for videos but not music because its not the same format that you can copy it onto disc because i have tryed.

Bit torrent is still completely alive and kicking.

Limewire is great for music - guess what, if you download mp3, youve got an mp3 song. And hence can put it on a CD like all other mp3 music. I dont understand what your problem is.

Bit torrent is still completely alive and kicking.

Limewire is great for music - guess what, if you download mp3, youve got an mp3 song. And hence can put it on a CD like all other mp3 music.  I dont understand what your problem is.

I know its an MP3. but when i come round too copying it, i use 'roxio easy cd and dvd copyier' i put 'music cd' and they disapear? :lol: :-

I don't understand either?

Mat :)

well i've downloaded that 'Shareaza' now and thats up and running fine. :)

Edited by Trials Star

I use E-mule, but it's shit, i'm going back to kazaa when I have the time.

Is this even the type of think were talking about :- ?

Yeah, but don't go back too kazaa, thats crap, go for something in the lines of limewire, kazaa its slow and F**ks your pc up bad. :lol:

DC++ is arguably the best if you can configure it and use it, it is quite complicated. Bit Torrent is essential for things like movies. Shareaza is probably the best p2p bar DC++.

Were can i download DC++ from? my cousen uses it but i never got round too asking him about it?

Doesn't this slow down your computer or have a lot of pop-ups like stupid kazaa does?  :lol:

I use the 're-made' kazaa, its the same without the adds and stuff. But of corse it still works with the real kazaa.

WinMX, or emaul sometimes.

DC++ is arguably the best if you can configure it and use it, it is quite complicated. Bit Torrent is essential for things like movies. Shareaza is probably the best p2p bar DC++.

DC++ is the best imo. The only downside is that to get on the best hubs, you need to be sharing a reasonable amount. It's not that hard to configure, there are many tutorials and FAQ's on the net. I've never really had the need to use anything else since moving to DC++ a couple of years ago.

It may not be as fast as some of the other p2p options, but the quality of stuff available is second to none, it has all the music and films I'll ever need and also has a lot of the rarer stuff (like CAD programs). The community aspect of the hubs is also good :)

I use newsgroups - pay £3 a month for newzbin.com listings, very very very fast, and good selection of stuff on there.

And also bit-torrent using azureus on: bi-torrent.com, torrentspy.com, and torrentreactor.net (best one imo).

DC++ is the best imo.  The only downside is that to get on the best hubs, you need to be sharing a reasonable amount.  It's not that hard to configure, there are many tutorials and FAQ's on the net.  I've never really had the need to use anything else since moving to DC++ a couple of years ago.

It may not be as fast as some of the other p2p options, but the quality of stuff available is second to none, it has all the music and films I'll ever need and also has a lot of the rarer stuff (like CAD programs).  The community aspect of the hubs is also good :)

Agreed. DC++ is excellent.

James