Just Snapped The Steerer On My Echo Teams!

Frenchman

Slightly miffed at the moment.

Just popped a new front tyre on my bike and went for a little play in the street. Nothing serious just checking if everything was in order.

Went to hop to a curb and my bike flew from under me leaving me on my backside slightly dazed with my bars in my hands my bike 6ft away :blink:

Turns out my steerer tube snapped just below the stem whilst snapping my hope hose and ripping out my maggy hose.

As usual it couldn't have been worse timing as round one of the south west comp is on monday!!

So its a set of stupidly heavy t-pro forks, an old maggy on single wall koxx rim!!

Not good...

gallery_602_773_108142.jpg

You've got me worried now . What's the relationship between running spacers and fork snappage ? Kinda worried because I run 4 spacers , and as my user name suggests , I'm rather fond of endo - hopping . I'm hoping that using a Headlock might at least save my cabling , as suggested above in case of catastrophic fork failure .

That would piss me off mightily. What a strange place to break, there is a serious manufacturing or design defect if they always break there. You are kind of lucky though because if they didnt snap then they could have snapped during a section at the comp :S

Went to hop to a curb and my bike flew from under me leaving me on my backside slightly dazed with my bars in my hands my bike 6ft away :S

LOL!^

unlucky mate, good luck with the bodged effort at the comp. :lol: