Ymsa Round 2

aust

I rode intermediate, did really bad. It was my second time riding natural ever and

I managed to 5 all the sections first time round.

BUT...

I had such a good time, its really chilled out and i'm definitely coming to the next one cuz it was awesome. Meeting new people and just talking was really good and it was far more relaxed than i thought it'd be!

I learnt more in one day than i have learnt from the last two months of riding street everyday.

I got a few cleans after I worked out what I was doing.

And most of all it made me realize how much fun natural can be. So ill be getting in some practice before the next one!

Can't wait!

EDIT: I was on the black bt (the only bt there to my knowledge)!  B)

ai, you kept stalking me everywhere i went :lol:

ai, you kept stalking me everywhere i went :lol:

Thats because I gave arran (todge) a lift there and so we kept finding him and you were usually there. :P

Lol did I scare you then! Im actually your stalker! B)"

ooooh i remember seeing you. i kept thinking you looked like TRA :P

Hahahha, i thought that too :mellow:

Lol, i know andy quite well and have never thought that but now you say it i can see it :S

Really enjoyed yesterday, was my first ever comp and had no idea what to expect. Thanks a lot to all of those who helped me get an idea of what to do etc!!

Was really nice seeing and meeting people i only knew by what they're like on here or msn.

As for the comp, was great fun but completely different to what i had expected. I entered myself in intermediate, and the sections were very different to how i imagined them to be.

When i go and ride natural i'll quite happily hop around on rock all day and attempt so bigger ups etc. But these sections didn't really contain any really difficult objects (rocks) except the beginning of section 7 just couldn't get over that damn rock should have used a dab but i was too suborn and tried it on all three goes, fiving it twice :D

I found that riding xc a lot really helped me on quite a few sections, like the steep drops or dodgy roll downs. I had the confidence that i could just roll over the stuff.

Over all scored 41 which i was impressed with as my first go at a comp, also feel i could have got that down to 20 quite easily if i had used a dab in section 7 rather than fiving all three times. Also stupidly fived a couple of other sections.

In preparation for the next round, i'm taking my bike off to my local hills and riding some xc stuff as i feel that'll help me improve loads. I found that i rarely dabbed trying to go over an obstical, it was more dabbing due to trying to ride up and down the slopes and loose rocks slowly.

Seb

PS: i was on the 26" levelboss with the rear vee and avid disc and nice bluey bits :P

Edited by SebJT

Lol, i know andy quite well and have never thought that but now you say it i can see it  :mellow: 

Really enjoyed yesterday, was my first ever comp and had no idea what to expect. Thanks a lot to all of those who helped me get an idea of what to do etc!!

Was really nice seeing and meeting people i only knew by what they're like on here or msn. 

As for the comp, was great fun but completely different to what i had expected. I entered myself in intermediate, and the sections were very different to how i imagined them to be.

When i go and ride natural i'll quite happily hop around on rock all day and attempt so bigger ups etc. But these sections didn't really contain any really difficult objects (rocks) except the beginning of section 7 just couldn't get over that damn rock should have used a dab but i was too suborn and tried it on all three goes, fiving it twice :D 

I found that riding xc a lot really helped me on quite a few sections, like the steep drops or dodgy roll downs. I had the confidence that i could just roll over the stuff.

Over all scored 41 which i was impressed with as my first go at a comp, also feel i could have got that down to 20 quite easily if i had used a dab in section 7 rather than fiving all three times. Also stupidly fived a couple of other sections. 

In preparation for the next round, i'm taking my bike off to my local hills and riding some xc stuff as i feel that'll help me improve loads. I found that i rarely dabbed trying to go over an obstical, it was more dabbing due to trying to ride up and down the slopes and loose rocks slowly. 

Seb

PS: i was on the 26" levelboss with the rear vee and avid disc and nice bluey bits :P

Ai, we sat there and watched aust go up section 2 i think, and we were just like, wtf, how does he get up there, lol

and i let u go infront of me in the que, and the obsever got in a muddle, lol was great fun :P :S

Ai, we sat there and watched aust go up section 2 i think, and we were just like, wtf, how does he get up there, lol

and i let u go infront of me in the que, and the obsever got in a muddle, lol was great fun :P :S

Yeh i gathered it was you with your nice joe maher stickers!

Hehe he did get very confused. Yeh and aust getting all annoyed at himself saying he was riding crap, yet he floated up that rock :mellow:

The woman on section 3 couldnt say your name too :D

Seb

Ps: when are the results expected?

Edited by SebJT

I dont wana see the results. I already know I came last! But i wana know what score Ive gota beat next time. Lol as long as i don't 5 every section first time im sure ill beat it. :D

My brother saw a video of TRA riding when i was watching it and asked if it was me! Made me laugh. I surpose i do look abit like him, its probably the hair more than anything. :mellow:

I may look like TRA but i cant ride like him and thats for sure! Lol! :S

Im guna ride natural every weekend till the next one because i really love it!

Edited by killbobuk

I dont wana see the results. I already know I came last! But i wana know what score Ive gota beat next time. Lol as long as i don't 5 every section first time im sure ill beat it.  :P

My brother saw a video of TRA riding when i was watching it and asked if it was me! Made me laugh. I surpose i do look abit like him, its probably the hair more than anything.  :mellow:

I may look like TRA but i cant ride like him and thats for sure! Lol!  :P

Im guna ride natural every weekend till the next one because i really love it!

Lets place a bet that i come last :D :S £1 on it :P

Hi everyone,

Sunday was great, now my second comp and i enjoy it more and more every one i go to. I love riding natural now even though i have only rode it twice lol i prefer it to street. I think i did ok :mellow: . I did intermediate on a koxx levelboss 20inch. I think i dropped about 35 or something like that :P . but Compared to Ashley butler who dropped an amazing 4 :D" .

It was great to see loads of new faces anyways i am defintely doing the next one so i will see you all again :P .

Thanks to all the observers :S

Edited by modrider666

OK, not last, but a bet between us two if u come higher than me, u get the pound, if i get higher than u, i get a pound :P  :turned:  :S  :P

No joe the last person should get the pound cuz its garrenteed to be me :P

Ok we will do ur idea. I better get saving :-"

I can beat u next time :)

No joe the last person should get the pound cuz its garrenteed to be me :-

Ok we will do ur idea. I better get saving  :S"

I can beat u next time  :turned:

Hehe, we shouldnt be giving away pounds because we were crap, lol

I know i can do SOOOO much better, halfd the sections i put my foot down, and thought, joe why the f**k have u just put you foot down, lol...could of easily got half of what i got, if i wasnt such a mong :)

Hehe, we shouldnt be giving away pounds because we were crap, lol

I know i can do SOOOO much better, halfd the sections i put my foot down, and thought, joe why the f**k have u just put you foot down, lol...could of easily got half of what i got, if i wasnt such a mong :turned:

Yea i know what you mean, at section one the third time i dabbed and stopped, and then even though i had perfect balence i put down my other foot. I was about to get back on when i realised what i had done. :S

Im abit mongtastic! :)