Ymsa Round 2

aust

Should be good, im hoping to do loads better this time as i know the rules now lol. Just need reminding of a few things though.. I heard that you start on the section which is the last number in your riders number, eg rider no. 62 you start at section 2? Also do you have to do 1 lap at a time or can you say go to section 2 and ask the observer to put you in the back of the que again and do it all 3 times then move to the next section?

Should be good, im hoping to do loads better this time as i know the rules now lol. Just need reminding of a few things though.. I heard that you start on the section which is the last number in your riders number, eg rider no. 62 you start at section 2? Also do you have to do 1 lap at a time or can you say go to section 2 and ask the observer to put you in the back of the que again and do it all 3 times then move to the next section?

you just go to whichever section you like in any order ... dont you? :P

ah well thats what i did and i was ok (Y)

generally you can go to any section in any order, i try to go to the ones with the smallest queues for obvious reasons. I don't think they like you repeating a section all 3 times in a row, maybe doing a few twice at the end of the comp if they are quiet, but not the whole lot.

Joe, come say hello, ill be on Ads prototype t-rex with loud paintjob. Ill also be doing inter and its only my second comp so don't be intimidated ill be crap too :P Ill be with Tic too most likely so look out for the hobbit for easy identification (Y)

This should be great :P

As Andy already said look out for me, I will be the hobbit on the white Megamo Radical 20" (Sorry its not long low and silver, I hope I wll fit in up at the YMSA comps ^_^ ) I am riding intermediate 20".

Stop worrying Joe, its all really straight forward. You can go round with whoever you like, at the end of the day you will only be split up into the catagories on the results sheet.

All I would advise is make sure you walk each section properly before you ride it, I have done too many comps and seen people enter sections and get confused 'cos they have not walked it properly (Heck I have even done it aswell). Everyone at the comps I have been to are really friendly and happy to help so dont be affraid to ask questions!

Scoring:

1 foot down = 1

Both feet down = 5

Anything other than a foot down (eg hand) = 5

The 4th dab is free so if you put your foot down 4 times and get through a section its only a 3

1 foot down 5 times = 5

Going out of the markers, through a wrong gate or running out of time = 5

Most importantly remember, if you style up a section with an X-up, one hander etc... or bail gracefully you earn FBM points (Y)

1 foot down = 1

Both feet down = 5

Anything other than a foot down (eg hand) = 5

The 4th dab is free so if you put your foot down 4 times and get through a section its only a 3

1 foot down 5 times = 5

Going out of the markers, through a wrong gate or running out of time = 5

dont forget sliding the foot you have down is a 3.

And leaning delibretly is a 5. brushing you can get away with.

you cant go back through a gate or the start line.

dabbing with you foot on the opposite side of the bike is a 5

using your heel or toe to aid you isnt aloud either.

Was that where you dropped into the fence ads?

Edited by grantham

Don't forget you can always ask them how much time you've got left (Y)

Admitedly at comps, I tend to shit myself up a bit, so I ride through section at warp factor 10 anyway. Think I did my first ever section in something like under 30 seconds or something like that :P Just powered through it 'cos I was nervous. Got 4th though (Best ever result ^_^) in it though, so wasn't too bad...

How many obstacles can i expect to see(roughly) in a 2 minute course...??

it varies.. some are different lengths so thus are going to have more obstacles.... just wait until tomorrow you will see.. its not the best venue in the world mut meh... thats life