Team Onza Axo

Team Rider Danny Butler had a great ride in 26" on the new Onza protatype, qualifying from the semi final into the final- beating some top name riders such as Thomas Ohler & Alexis Touteau. Danny battled against the sweltering 33oc spanish heat and a 5K final lap to finish 7th overall in the final, all within a 1 hour time limit.

Ben Slinger had a good ride in his UCI debut, qualifying on Saturday to ride the semi final on Sunday. He finished 10th overall beating some more top name riders along the way.

Well done to all the British lads, look forward to seeing the video footage :(

ewll done guys, good results, but I do have a little rant.

I didnt know anything about this event untill a few days before it, I would have thought a big event like this would have been advertised more, I would have loved to have entered but seeing though I didnt even know it was on I couldnt.

I would like someone to direct my to a page with details of these events and licence/entry forms.

Maybe in the future, these things will be advertised more, then more brits can enter and have a better chance of getting the country some results.

rant over: :(

o god... believe me we suck each others cock alright :S.. ahaha blimey... ok then.. just because i am friends with the butlers makes me suck there cock ?(Y) ok then you suck your riding buddy's cock then too...

www.uci.ch... for all your needs

p.s no need for those comments... to much bitching we are discussing the countries achievements not trying to diss each other.. leave it out..

Edited by aust

to be honest i dont see what we've got to be so proud of, if we're not a UCI country and we done have the simple politeness to bother posting info about the event before hand then why the hype afterwards. to be honest i'd be far more interested if Ali had been told about it and had chance to ride it, we all know the slingers, butlers and savages are great riders and get good placings in comps but yawn really, lets see these events publicised well enough for some other british talent to get out there and ride, we're a big enough country with alot of good riders, how come we only seem to be represented by a choice few?

yes i know if ali had wanted to go he could have found the info out himself but hello, we're on the forum to share info, if someone has the ability to put the results up then surely they have the ability to put a post up to raise awareness of the event beforehand...

ali mate i see why your a bit pissed 100%. well done to those who did well and yeah i'm not a UCI head but i'd be far more interested in what savage and butler are getting up to if there were some other brit riders there with them, it'd be interesting to see if they still came out top brit :S"

rant over and well done boys (Y)

edit: aust did you enter? how did you do and which other brit riders entered, i'd be more interested to see the full list of brit entries rather than just those who always get their names on the results sheet

2005 UCI TRIALS WORLD CUP CALENDAR

Start date End date Event Country Venue Class

07.05.05 08.05.05 UCI Trials World Cup, #1 ESP Madrid 20", 26"

08.07.05 09.07.05 UCI Trials World Cup, #2 AUT Graz 20", 26"

10.09.05 11.09.05 UCI Trials World Cup, #3 SUI Lausanne 20",26"

there we go, even better now everyone can see when the comps are (Y)

come on lets get some more brits out to these comps and show the world that even though 'we're not a UCI country' we can still ride UCI and kick some ass!!!

Yeah Tom! get your best biking shoes on and beat them:D

I agree, theres no other rider in the high ranks called Ali. Its about time people like Ali made the name in trials which they rightly deserve (Y)

I cant make it though. "Matt"'s been taken by Matt Tongue =8¬( lol

england is a biu country... hense why the uci events are not advertised.... its up to you to find out for yourself like all of us have done...

if these events were wider advertised, then I am sure england would become more of an uci country, as it is we have no choice but to ride biu.

I would have loved to have entered, the sections looked ace. But even if I did know about it I am still not sure if I would have entered due to the cost. But then again if I had prior notice of it, I could have saved.

I aint getting at you aust, its more of a general rant

if you get your biu licence in the uk then they contact you and tell you when the events are on.

if you get your british cycling uci racing licence, they too contact you and tell you when the events are. its pretty simple.

if you are not a member then they aint just gonna hunt you down and invite you.

before you moan knobody told you how to join british cycling then, its not rocket science! try typeing BRITISH CYCLING into google. sounds dificult i know but honestly it works.

rob

a woman with a penis. o my god!

o god... believe me we suck each others cock alright :).. ahaha  blimey... ok then.. just because i am friends with the butlers makes me suck there cock ?:) ok then you suck your riding buddy's cock then too...

nobody said anything about you or Danny Butler. Either you're a solipsystic little twot. Or you really do suck his cock... (N)"

if you get your biu licence in the uk then they contact you and tell you when the events are on.

if you get your british cycling uci racing licence, they too contact you and tell you when the events are. its pretty simple.

if you are not a member then they aint just gonna hunt you down and invite you.

before you moan knobody told you how to join british cycling then, its not rocket science! try typeing BRITISH CYCLING into google. sounds dificult i know but honestly it works.

rob

a woman with a penis. o my god!

but I didnt even know this brittish cycling thing exsisted, so how can I search for it if I dont know about it.

heres a quote "questions are easy if you know the answer"

Good point that Ali.

But i'm sure going on Uci.ch or searching google for UCI competitions/licenses etc you would find something.

Aust, best just not replying to anything D_l_b says as it's pointless and never anything usefull comes out of him.

The Graz round seems tempting, it would be good to enter the comp and take part in the atmosphere, but it is expensive for the licenses and entry and getting there staying there etc, Not sure on the license prices or entry fees, so I won't say (N)

Phil.

but I didnt even know this brittish cycling thing exsisted, so how can I search for it if I dont know about it. 

heres a quote "questions are easy if you know the answer"

British Cycling is the "new" version of the old British Cycling Federation. Never really been too keen on them, really. Was a member for a few years, but unless you're an up-and-coming roadie you're not going to get the best support, although lately that seems to have changed so they're not complete tits. Aaaaaaanyway, just try Googleing "British Cycling" or something, and you're sure to come up with their e-mail address. If not, let me know and I can try and get an address of one of their people from my friend who's our county's sports officer...