London 28th May

Fishwog

Don't tell me... you usually ride on a Saturday.

And so f**king what? Don't get the arse on just because there is a ride arranged on a Saturday, I'm asking people who CAN come on a saturday if they wana come along, I don't want a bunch of pointless posts of people saying they can go on Sunday, that's of no use to me is it?

I have to work Saturdays and Sundays, but I happen to have this weekend at hand off.

And so f**king what? Don't get the arse on just because there is a ride arranged on a Saturday, I'm asking people who CAN come on a saturday if they wana come along, I don't want a bunch of pointless posts of people saying they can go on Sunday, that's of no use to me is it?

I have to work Saturdays and Sundays, but I happen to have this weekend at hand off.

(Y) all he was saying was that u probs wont beable to get a big ride goin on saturday... :deej: no need to get worked up over that

Somebody got out of the wrong side of bed...

For a start I don't care when you ride, and I'm well aware of what you're asking. I was simply pointing out that if you're so desperate to have a big ride then you're very unlikely to get one on a Saturday. I've been riding in London for three or four years, and from experience I can tell you that people are usually working on Saturday and free on Sunday. But what do I know?!

Anyway, you've had rides in London. They were quiet. You rode on a Saturday. That's your answer.

Somebody got out of the wrong side of bed...

For a start I don't care when you ride, and I'm well aware of what you're asking. I was simply pointing out that if you're so desperate to have a big ride then you're very unlikely to get one on a Saturday. I've been riding in London for three or four years, and from experience I can tell you that people are usually working on Saturday and free on Sunday. But what do I know?!

Anyway, you've had rides in London. They were quiet. You rode on a Saturday. That's your answer.

I didn't get out on the wrong side of bed, you just seemed very pompous in your opinions.

I have only ridden London once on a Saturday, and I posted nothing about it, and it was only the local's from my area that went, and it was very good. I have ridden London on a Sunday a few times and It's been quiet aswell.

The reason the ride was organised on a Saturday was because many a person locally can't get Sundays off work, and hence wanting to go on Saturday.

I prefer Sundays, you don't get chucked off of places so much. i can go on Sunday, but most other people can't, hence the reason I am organising it for Saturday.

If you can't go on Saturday, don't even bother posting, simple really.

Sam.

you just seemed very pompous in your opinions.

I'd hardly say that was terribly pompous.

I have ridden London on a Sunday a few times and It's been quiet aswell.

I didn't say Sunday was always busy, just that you stand a far greater chance of getting a big ride on a Sunday.

Anyway, I've said everything that needed to be said in the other pompous posts that I made.

Stephen.

Don't you people know anything. If you want such a giant ride then make it a Sunday.

Maybe not as big as on a Sunday, but in my opinion 10+ riders is big. I'd bet money that you could get more than 10 riders together.

1. You suck.

2. Big rides suck.

3. You will never manage to organize a big ride on a Saturday, as most the most the people that have posted in this thread, probably didn't realize the 28th is a Saturday.

4. You suck.

Erm You come across like a bit of a dick from the above post 'Matt'.

Big rides don't 'suck'. Don't you mean 'I think big rides suck'. But yeah, whatever. I enjoy big rides. Therefore it's not a fact. Keep opinions like that to yourself. You're adding nothing to the topic and coming across so arrogant it's actually unbelievable.

Also The sentance:

3. You will never manage to organize a big ride on a Saturday, as most the most the people that have posted in this thread, probably didn't realize the 28th is a Saturday.

Seems pretty f**king stupid to me.

I'm gonna leave now anyway. I thought this was the Leeds topic but hey. Lol.

Edited by mod661

We've had upwards of 80 people for London rides in the past, so when people say they want a very big ride, then that's what we think of. If you only want to ride with 10 people then I'm sure you can arrange that.

As for Matt, he's a cock, but he's not arrogant. I wish people would take things with a pinch of salt. Nothing me or Matt have said in this topic was intended to be offensive, just relatively helpful and in Matt's case, a little bit silly.

1. In my opinion you suck.

2. In my opinion big rides suck.

3. In my opinion you will never manage to organize a big ride on a Saturday, as most the most the people that have posted in this thread, probably didn't realize the 28th is a Saturday.

4. In my opinion you suck.

How do you spell 'Sentence' ?

Being petty is fun (Y)

f**king hell (Y)

Stephen and Matt own your arses.

I should be there on Sunday.

Saturday is too busy with normal people to do any riding.

Matt is 100% correct, big rides SUCK.

Theres only so many people that can fit on one wall.

Ride when you want, Stephen's right though...

Hope you have a good ride, whenever the f**k it is.

I suck at trialsinging.

Lets make it an all weekender then or a night ride satray saturday night finsihed sunday mid day

wow, that sounds interesting....starting on a saturday night then ride all morning and rest intervals...watch the sun rise then ride more till you get tired on the sunday afternoon..then go home for a bigggggg sleep. i like that idea.

steve

wow, that sounds interesting....starting on a saturday night then ride all morning and rest intervals...watch the sun rise then ride more till you get tired on the sunday afternoon..then go home for a bigggggg sleep. i like that idea.

steve

Not a new idea, but the problem that hit us was just how safe would parts of London be at 2am in the morning...

Would love to meet at the Shell Centre at 12pm and ride until midday the next day. I'll consider it more in the summer.

Now that was a sweet ride, sam snapped his middleburn crank right at the start and him and jack barnes went to all the evans cycles shops looking for another crank but no luck, Jack Barnes did the HUGGGEEEEEE rollin gap andy chai tried at the tate blocks and also went straight to backwheel from the little pillar at southbank onto the big block. The weather was great and everyone seemed to be having fun. (Y)" :huh: a top london ride.