Short Session Video

Jonny Jones

Hi all,

Went out again this afternoon to a different town near me, Aldershot (or Aldershite as its commonly known as... pikies, chavs etc).

But yea, put this together, nothing too amazing, but non-the-less a new video. (Y)

Left Click

Thanks to Lord Fryer for his webspace! :D

Enjoy people!

Jonny.

Loving it.

Your riding style is unique, and so great, and you certainly know how to edit a video to marry up to that. Very nicely done heh. Loved the bit after the "hmmmm, looks interesting" where you wen't round the wall in like a sequence.

The end drop didn't need to be done 4 times though. :D

Top job, as always. (Y)

I like the long wall sequence aswell. Continuity (right word? kontinuitet in Swedish) seemed well planned, as you could clearly tell it just changed camera view. I'd have cut a bit earlier though, as you leaving the frame feels a little bit 'confusing' compared to drama series for example.

I really like the video though, nice one! Beats the usual fade in/out/over videos...

Ta guys, yea, drop was done too many times, I agree haha! I think im gonna stop doing the whole continuity thing, cos it just gets boring I recon, its just i couldnt really think of anything else to film where I was.. so.

Ta guys!

Jonny.

Generaly nice vid, but it didn't really do much for me. Way too relaxed and trancing (Y)

But overall it was a well put together and editted vid. :D

Loving it.

Your riding style is unique, and so great, and you certainly know how to edit a video to marry up to that. Very nicely done heh. Loved the bit after the "hmmmm, looks interesting" where you wen't round the wall in like a sequence.

The end drop didn't need to be done 4 times though. :P

Top job, as always. :)

Just what he said.

I really like watching your vids (as in, ones you ride in - although I've enjoyed all the ones you've edited as well)... I'm not sure what it is about your style, but it's really enjoyable.

Plus, you don't release in wmv9, so I love you all the more.

Jonny I love your videos, all of them, regardless :D You are the man!

How much super 8 stuff you get from Pompy? I'm guessing you'll be making that video too? Can't wait for it :wub:

Conclusion: Vid was sweet :wub: Nice mix of smooth riding and general chilled out-ness that I really needed from a video at the moment :wub:

James (Y)

Liked that one Jonny. Although it seems you used Dj Shadow (Y)

Anyway, liked it as always. I think that one wasn't as varied as your last one in terms of riding, but the atmosphere that your voice, the tracking, and the non riding sequences created really made the video enjoyable.

Dave

Oh yeah, I meant to ask...

What the hell are you gonna end up doing with all your super 8 footage. Are you just making it yourself using a projector and stuff? I'm guessing you're not getting it transferred to digital? As that'd cost a fortune!

Yeah, what you doing with the 8mm?

Edited by Dave Gill

Jonny...

I actually really.. really... really liked that..

I love the way you actually "edit" stuff, A lot of time effort and most importantly consideration goes into what your doing...

Definatly on top of your game.

Looking forward to working with you soon (Y):D

bren

I HATE IT!!

te he he, just spoiling your loving it comments! No really though i like that a lot! editing was sweet as you would expect, and i loved the way it was almost story like, with the 'wall sequence' as everyone is calling it!

loving it, keep it up dude!

!!!!suspension rocks!!!! :D

andy

(Y)

Thanks for all the comments guys, and sorry for bumping the thread back up.

Really appreciate everything everybody said! :D

As for all the Super 8, ive got my Kodak projector working and im basically projecting the S8 film onto my bedroom wall and filming it with my DV camera, its coming out great! The S8 from the Memorial ride is most likely in Switzerland by now being processed, so I hope to get it back late next week. My computer is being a bit of a batty boy atm, so im gonna get a kinda duel boot thing going, so i can have a hard disc for just Premiere and nothing else... seems the only solution really... although Im gonna be saving for a PowerBook G4 and Final Cut Pro 5... bring on a summer of working non stop :P

Anyways, nuff of my essay antics!

Thanks people!

Jonny.

The camera was on the tripod, i just held the tripod in one hand trying to get my face and point of view in the camera's view... if that makes sense?

It did get boring towards the end, cos i lost inspiration as my lovely Mum had pissed me off half way through editing, which is never a good thing.. so I lost any kind of flow I had at the start of the video, editing wise.

Thanks people!

Jonny.

Tell you what mate you've got talent! Excellent video there mate, I havent seen alot of riders with suspension forks except for Shawn Denny but yer, what bike you got? diamond back? it looks really good :( I like the wat you ride on your own and you place the video camera somewhere. Cant wait to see your next video. A truly enjoyed video to watch >_<

Perm