Heatsink "konig" Pads

Waynio

i got mine off steve over 2weeks ago.

this is a plea for people to either PM me or possibly if its allowed for people to post a bit of feedback to me in here please? if thats ok with a mod. i dont want it in pad reviews, i want people to tell me what they think to them so i can let others know what iv noticed and such forth.

Cheers Waynio........................

if i has to be moved and put under the brake pad reviews then it has to, but would the other riders with them please pm me details about theirs and what they think to them? cos if people think what i think, then someone had best be in gear and order about 1,000 sets!!!!!!if not more :o" :o

It sounds like Aire Valley Cycles might be becoming a distributer? :o

They're awesome for me. Work really really good. Wear rate is the same as the blue's for me.

I estimate these lasting 4-6 months on my worn grind.

They're the best I've had so far, so I'm very happy :o

Nick..

I've said it before. They're good. They worked well yesterday in the wet on a pretty much non-existent grind. But they feel very soft, so I'll be very surprised (and very pleased) if they last more than a few weeks.

I've said it before.  They're good.  They worked well yesterday in the wet on a pretty much non-existent grind.  But they feel very soft, so I'll be very surprised (and very pleased) if they last more than a few weeks.

Couldn't have said it any better.

I've had mine for over 2 weeks and in this time iv used them, they havnt slipped I dont think :o :o :(

They are very very awsome pads, but mine are worn down quite abit now, iv been running mine on a very very rough grind with a onza hog rim, but all in all, I've been saing I'l definatly be buying more!!!!

Echoing what Tomm said, mine are pretty good (worked really well in the wet yesterday!), but the lever feel somewhat lets them down. You have to sorta set your TPA in further than you usually would, just so it applies the pressure earlier so you get the optimum bite and the point you prefer it at...

Isn't it a bit of a stupid idea to try and bulk-buy products taht are still, according to their creator, in the testing phase? Steve's already said he's going to address the rapid wear-rate problems that a lot of people are having, so buying a load of the current batch of Konigs might be a bit counter-productive?

It does seem that Steve's doing pretty well now though materials-wise, judging from the fact that these are pretty much the grippiest Heatsink pads I've ever used, but seem to be wearing OK really? They're still disappearing faster than I'd really want to at £14 a pair, but considering how soft and grippy they are it's not too bad*.

Mark

*I know hardness and durability aren't linked, but it shows that there's some definite experimentation going on with it...

rite here we go

testing them for steve at the min

ffresh grind as i got oil on my rim not harsh though as disc onm grinder has had it

within the first daqy my brake thread stripped so i couldnt set one up perfectly but the other was perfect in every way possible the 1 set up properly lasted until it was grinding on the backing yesterday from around a week ago but i only rode 3 times in total :o" the other one not set up properly lasgted the whole of 1 day before was on the backing on part of the pad

on a non ground rim good iu supose but on fresh grinds no good at all id say

but on the performance sideo f things they are excellent grip in al weather and no tar neeeded :o all in all the muts nuts pads just dont put on in a fresh grind

DAN

The idea of home made pads is very good, but these at £14 a set and lasting one day on a harsh grind, and some peoples lasting a few months dont appear to be worth the money.  I would rather pay £18 for Koxx pads that last a long time.

I mean no offense at all.

But I don't believe they've only lasted you one day.

My mate has some on a mega harsh grind on his bike and they've only worn like 2 mm, from riding at like 9am til 7pm, constantly.

rite here we go

testing them for steve at the min

ffresh grind as i got oil on my rim not harsh though as disc onm grinder has had it

within the first daqy my brake thread stripped so i couldnt set one up perfectly but the other was perfect in every way possible the 1 set up properly lasted until it was grinding on the backing yesterday from around a week ago but i only rode 3 times in total  :-"  the other one not set up properly lasgted the whole of 1 day before was on the backing on part of the pad

on a non ground rim good iu supose but on fresh grinds no good at all id say

but on the performance sideo f things they are excellent grip in al weather and no tar neeeded :)  all in all the muts nuts pads just dont put on in a fresh grind

DAN

I mean no offense at all.

But I don't believe they've only lasted you one day.

My mate has some on a mega harsh grind on his bike and they've only worn like 2 mm, from riding at like 9am til 7pm, constantly.

They arnt my pads. I was refering to the post above so I didnt think I would quote as there was no need.

They are ovibously in testing still but the home pad market did seem a good idea but the pads just dont seem to last.

I'v got some, but i got some zoo's at the same time. Seem like thay may be a bit too 'hard' for a non ground rim. I'll post in pad reviews when my zoo's are gone.

Yeah I've had mine for about 3 weeks now!

They seem real good but I keep re grinding my rim, and my brake is full of air due to a broken TPA, :-

Going to borrow a mates lever and bleed it proper!

Well they grip real well and are proper good when set up right!

They do give a solid fell on the lever, maybe could be a bit better!

The thing is Steve tried to match the rubber of the very first green pads that he made which prawn had and then sold them straight to me for a fiver!

The best fiver I have EVER spent! They lasted soooo long and you couldn't get them to budge!

To give an example of how good they were, Bigman was pretty much jumping on my pedal trying to get them to move and they just wouldn't!

I think he would of actually snapped my bb off before they moved!

These green pads were really soft but lasted ages!

The good news is that Steve has requested that I send these greens back so he can match the exact compound.

Good news for Steve and us pad testers is that I sent them off this morning so things should be looking up!

Rob :)

Yea well ive had mine from Steve for about 2 weeks now too. They work awesome and definately seem to be lasting alot longer than the old prototype batch c (blue) pads. Alot of power in the new Konigs and a firmish feeling to the brake lever. I dont know how the rest of you found them but for me these are the best pads i have ever tried. :-

I found after about 3 rides the red rubber from the pads was coating my rim, doesnt seem to have any effect but it does make you think the pads are waring fast but after checking the pads i really cant see as much ware as id initially expected. Not sure if this is an issue with you grinded people. ;)

I use a smooth rim as well for anyone that wanted to know.......Nice job Steve i say. :)

Danny

Edited by Yorkbiketrials.co.uk

Considering they're only in the testing stages why is that every rider and his dog seem to have a pair, and they're paying for them. It sounds like they're ready if anything (but they're obviously not). I thought that was the point of the Heatsink team - to test his products out so that they'll be ready for the general public?

I think anyone that's ridden these should post a picture of their brake set-up, as it's pretty hard to determine how good these are when so many people are saying that they're running on them on an x grind, with people getting different results from the pads. If it was given to a few test riders, with a properly set-up brake then Steve could get better results to improve his pads. Surely if loads of people are experiencing different wear rates and performance it's making Steves job bloody hard?

According to the PM from Steve, he's trying to recoup some of the investment he made on the pad moulding process and shiz, or something. They're only on offer to "people who showed interest before", at the moment, from what I can tell.