Heatsink "konig" Pads

Waynio

My konigs are brilliant when set up flat to the rim. They wore pretty fast in the first 3 days, about 3/4mm. They arent wearing so fast now, but theyre set up is pretty dodgy and they arent working as good as they could. Still better than koxx yellows though.

mine are good so far, i have an extremely worn grind with tar, and they are doing fine, i cant complain about them at all, no wear that i have noticed although im not abot to go and measure them :-

i would get some in to Aire Valley cycles if i were u wayne i reckon they would be a good seller

edit, didn't notice u have an automatic word checker, very good, i had A V with no space and auto changed to 'have'

Edited by ben@hulltrials

I'm not having much luck with these pads :- They just wont lock! They kinda make a swooshing sound and slip all over the place. :) Is there any way that a grind can be ground in the wrong direction? This is how I grind my rim at the moment.

1: Take the wheel out of the frame and take the tire off etc...

2: Put the wheel back in the frame.

3: Spin it Anti-Clockwise a little bit.

4: Put the grinder on the left hand of the wheel at an angle.

5: The wheel spins uber fast!

6: Push down to get a harsh grind

I'll edit in a min with a pic (Y)

Sorry to steal the thread a bit Waynio. ;)

EDIT: Here's the pic... Sorry it's a bit sh!t (Y)

Grind.jpg

EDIT Again!: I just realised, the arrow is supposed to be on the left side of the pic! Whoops! :">

Edited by Siders77

Yeah, it's worked with loads of others. But over the last month or 2 it hasn't been working. I've used, Heatsink whites, Heatsink Reds, Yellows and Cousts and none of them have worked properly :-

Edited by Siders77

mine were well good when i was using them. i have given them to a friend to use.

but when i had them they were amzing on a smooth rim with no tar worked just like my zoo pads but better.

thanks ian

i think your problem is your grind. i have noticed that when i ground my rim and the grind was at about 70ish degrees to the rim it didn't work aswell as it was when it was dead perpendicular

so i would regrind and make sure the "score marks are vertical/perpendicular to the rim

||||||||||= (N)

//////////= :P

:- sorry if that is confusing

guy

edit used spell check

Edited by guy

i got mine off steve over 2weeks ago.

this is a plea for people to either PM me or possibly if its allowed for people to post a bit of feedback to me in here please? if thats ok with a mod. i dont want it in pad reviews, i want people to tell me what they think to them so i can let others know what iv noticed and such forth.

Cheers Waynio........................

if i has to be moved and put under the brake pad reviews then it has to, but would the other riders with them please pm me details about theirs and what they think to them? cos if people think what i think, then someone had best be in gear and order about 1,000 sets!!!!!!if not more  :-"  (N)

Yeah I would have to agree with you there, over the past year since he has been making pads you can tell the improvements. Today I got my wheel sorted by Tarty so I was able to ride these pads propely for the first time today.

Anyway I have got a D521 CD ( no grind ) with these Konig pads.......................WOW they works straight away, I carnt even budge my wheel once I have the brake pulled.

They are a defiant buy.

Gaz :deej: :P

Mine wore down really fast at the start on my very very light grind but now they have seetled in and seem much better. They work amazing, ive never doubted that but they might last a month if im lucky. :huh:

Oh and stone cutting discs on grinders work rly well, mine is super!

you know when your grind is good cos it literally could leave splinters of metal in your fingers.

its about just touching and catching the edge of it, the more the grinder is in contact with the rim the more it will flatten the grind off.it just needs touching or putting over a bin and let it jump and vibrate about and it will be ok.it'll give a craking grind.

i didnt want this to turn into a topic that everyone said something even though they dont have them just wondered who had them???? but hey its ok, no real drama its turned into a good topic and plenty of feedback from plenty of people and a few questions about them. i just really wanted to know the people that had them if they were getting on with them? and the people that werent i would like to know why they werent or cant get on with them?

cheers people. keep the posts coming and thanks for the replies so far.

Waynio.............................

I've had my Konigs for a while now, Im expecting them to last a month or so on my worn grind, as they worn a few mm already. When i first had them they gripped amazingly well, its gone down a little bit now, but still better than other pads ive tried. £14 for the fast wear rate is a little disappointing, but they are very grippy pads.

I have a pair of these pads aswell Wayne, all seems good so far but I am not gonna be posting an opinion on here untill I have ridden the pads a hell of a lot more than I have already. So far I have not ridden them that much but the YMSA comp this weekend will hopefully put the pads through their paces :huh:

I like the way he tested the shit material and just sold them anyway as the 2005 batch

has anyone got a pic of the 'konig' pads?

Adam

Who said they were for sale as the 2005 pads?!?!

Why do you need a pic? A brake pad is a brake pad, you will never know how well they work from a picture!

I like the way he tested the shit material and just sold them anyway as the 2005 batch

has anyone got a pic of the 'konig' pads?

Adam

He offered people the pads if they wanted them? There was no obligation from anyone to buy them, so I don't see how he's done anything wrong at all? By "the 2005" pads, do you mean the Batch C clears? If so, people are still running them 'cos they worked really well. The Konigs are now moulded and so on, so they are a better pad, but would you rather trials companies didn't sell frames 'cos they'd update them the year after or whatever?

Go to Heatsinkpads.com and check the pic out there.

Kool peter. could you pm me when you have used them for a bit?

iv had them on for i think 2/3weeks and mine have been exceptional and the grind i had on to start with was grusome!!!!it was sharp as hell it wore off a little bit at the tral on sunday but the pads were still very grippy.

cheers Waynio.........................

Hey guys, I just though I would updaye you on how my brake is working now....

I put the grinder on the other side of the rim so that the rim spins the other way that it did before. I also did what Waynio said and let the grinder bounce about a bit. Now I have a beastly grind.....and pads that working AMAZING!!

Cheers dudes (Y)