Future Event - Fort William.

KOXX-UK

The organisers of the Fort William Down Hill World Cup, (10/11. 09. 05) have invited me to run a Trials Comp to run in conjunction with the main competition, I’ve accepted.

The event will take place in the finish area at the foot of the Down Hill course. There will be both natural and man made sections. Its early days yet and the format is still evolving, but I envisage that riders of all standards will be given the opportunity to compete without licence complications

As yet the Trial is still to be named; it will almost certainly be run on the Saturday, details are already being circulated to would be sponsors. All sections will be accessible to the thousands of spectators that regularly gather to watch the Down Hill, with the man made sections positioned in the heart of the spectator area.

Many Down Hill fans have never seen trials before so it’s an ideal opportunity to take our sport to the cycling public, no doubt the Comp will attract the attention of the assembled media.

Further details to follow……………….

Fred Savage.

Edited by KOXX-UK

The organisers of the Fort William Down Hill World Cup, (10/11. 09. 05) have invited me to run a Trials Comp to run in conjunction with the main competition

there is the date mate .yeah if you can go best book a hotel or find a tent as the downhill attracts alot of people

Yes it’s an unfortunate clash, but the organisers want a Trial, so it’s unavoidable. It will give some British riders the chance to compete in a new environment as U.K. Comps are not normally run along side of other major cycling events.

Yes it’s an unfortunate clash, but the organisers want a Trial, so it’s unavoidable. It will give some British riders the chance to compete in a new environment as U.K. Comps are not normally run along side of other major cycling events.

True, and it should give Trials some decent publicity. Looking forward to it (Y)

Stan.

True, and it should give Trials some decent publicity. Looking forward to it 

it sure will stan, if your going up il probably see you there, never done a uci comp yet. im sure this one will be good fun.

Waynio...................

trust my fooking luck, my boss being a wanker about me getting the time off work to ride this comp, apparantly the DH'ers from the shop come first to go watch, but for me to ride a comp there (the only one in scotland) its not a good enough excuse.

i hope to be there guys, i really do, obviously some more specific details would be great times etc. i assume this will only be a one day thing?

anyhow..... looking forward to getting there to ride.

many thanks

ben

kool! i was there last year with a few mates, well good event!

and if it's the same thing im thinking of, its the last event for the downhill world rounds or something realy special, and its ment to be like a big party!! im deffinatly going to fort william this year, duno about taking my bike though...

i no longer think ill be able to come after a dual cracked my levelboss so i need a new frame,

if i have large amounts of money soon ill defo coem thou :P

edit: i know this is of topic but fred do you have any levelboss long mod frames for sale like ex display or something?cheers :D

Edited by craigdavies

The Trials comp in Fort William is slowly taking shape; the event now has a name –

The Scottish One Day Trial, you never know, it may become as famous as the six day event held in the same area!

Trials info has started to appear on the main event web site; www.fortwilliamworldcup.co.uk

For four days Trials riders rode for audiences at the Royal Highland Show in Edinburgh, promoting the event.

Entry forms will be available soon.

Fred.

The organisers of the Fort William Down Hill World Cup, (10/11. 09. 05) have invited me to run a Trials Comp to run in conjunction with the main competition, I’ve accepted.

The event will take place in the finish area at the foot of the Down Hill course. There will be both natural and man made sections. Its early days yet and the format is still evolving, but I envisage that riders of all standards will be given the opportunity to compete without licence complications

As yet the Trial is still to be named; it will almost certainly be run on the Saturday, details are already being circulated to would be sponsors. All sections will be accessible to the thousands of spectators that regularly gather to watch the Down Hill, with the man made sections positioned in the heart of the spectator area.

Many Down Hill fans have never seen trials before so it’s an ideal opportunity to take our sport to the cycling public, no doubt the Comp will attract the attention of the assembled media.

Further details to follow……………….

Fred Savage.

sounds good must try to get there Fort william is a top spot

• 2 weeks later...

The entry forms are almost ready for release. The Trial will take place on Saturday the 10th of September, starting at 11.00.

We plan to have four levels of severity in the sections, similar to most club events. In addition to the norm a “Stock” class will be included where riders may compete on machines that are obviously not Trials bikes, criteria yet to be set, but I’m sure you get the idea.

A team of helpers/observers is needed.

If you plan to travel with a friend that can help out they will receive £30 expenses plus access to the competition area.

The total number of riders will no doubt have to be capped to avoid congestion in the sections. If you wish to pre-book an entry or register as a helper then mail your intentions to ucitrial@hotmail.co.uk

Fred.