Future Event - Fort William.

KOXX-UK

This certainly does sound intresting :shifty:"

It's hell of a long way but I really want to enter a UCI comp and i'm not good enough to go abroad yet.

Is there a trian station near by?

Maybe someone in the southwest that would split the driving and fuel costs with me?

matt

stick my name down fred i will deffinatly go to this.

Waynio...................

how will it be fixed for camping??? or hotels and such forth fred??? i will see you next week up at the world round, but if you have any idea so i can look into it if you could post it up that would be great

I have been on the web site but there's not much there yet.

Will there be entry forms or will we have to email you fred to enter?

How much will it cost to enter, do we have to pay to get into the event or will we be a part of it so entry is free??

Whats the weather going to be like? (Y)

I have been on the web site but there's not much there yet.

Will there be entry forms or will we have to email you fred to enter?

How much will it cost to enter, do we have to pay to get into the event or will we be a part of it so entry is free??

Whats the weather going to be like? (Y)

Its the weather permit thats held up the entry forms, but its booked now, 28 degrees, sunny.

The entry fee will also get you in to the venue on the day of the trial, once the forms are finished they will be available for download from the official site.

Fred.

How many people do you think will be able to enter, and how many have you had already?

Also how much will the entry be? I know you said it gets you in to the event aswell I just hope its not to much.

Edited by JIX

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I am concerned you won't need gears, but if your bike is to "trialsy" it wont qualify for the Stock class, that's just for non trials bikes. If you want to ride the stock sections on a Trials bike that would be OK - but not for an award.

This comp is about having a good time, ride what ever you want.

Fred.

As far as I am concerned you won't need gears, but if your bike is to "trialsy" it wont qualify for the Stock class, that's just for non trials bikes. If you want to ride the stock sections on a Trials bike that would be OK - but not for an award.

Fred.

thats good then. i was just contemplating not entering if you were required gears. Another question i have is down to level of competing. For example if i were to enter a ymsa or tyketrial i would probably go with expert. So which class is more suited to my level, rookie/inter/pro.

i will get my entry sent off asap.

ben

I'm in the same situation where as i would not know what level to enter for, i too compete at expert level at tyketrial. If anyone could advise me to what level to enter at it would be greatly appreciated. Tom

I'm in the same situation where as i would not know what level to enter for, i too compete at expert level at tyketrial. If anyone could advise me to what level to enter at it would be greatly appreciated. Tom

I think the easiest way to assess the level at which you should enter is as follows.

At the end of the day you obviously know your own ability, so if I can give a comparison to sections that you know already you should be able to make your mind up.

Pro=easier than yellow

Inter=easier than red

Rookie=easier than blue.

This trial is unique in the fact it is intended to be a showcase trial and fun (hence the stock class). If you want an easy trial enter an easy route. But don’t forget it is a UCI trial! If the obstacles are viewed from a BIU point of view they will appear easier than they actually are. Every bash plate landing, pedal scrape will be classed as a dab, so if you’re not fit and like your pedal rest half way through a section it’ll cost you a dab!

As we are having man made sections as well are natural ones the natural ones will naturally takes points of you (if you’ll pardon the pun) the gulley in which they are set last time we had a trial there took points off elite riders in blue part of the section. The man made sections will hopefully be made of logs concrete blocks/pipes etc so if you use your imagination you’ll know what they’ll be like.

Remember fun! Don’t end up killing yourself!

Rugbyman!

Fred.

so would me riding my leeson with single speed mean i couldn't ride the stock class and go for any awards? (no great fear of me getting anywhere near the awards mind...)

see you there

tom