Proper English

crosby

Why is it that everyone has a go if you dont spell correctly or use the correct grammer. What is the point of not using text talk its as if no body owns a mobile phone!!!!!!!!!! I only have my dinner break at work to use the internet and it is faster than having to write long winded crap like this. And as for all those t**ts insulting my grammer its probably better than yours so f**k off!!

Thanks

Crosby :mellow:

Everyone uses 'Propper english' so that we can inderstand each other. And most of us are the same on our mobile phones too.

And to last comment, which wasn't really neccessary, we're not going anywhere, i think you better.

Edited by wally

It's because it makes you* look like a retard who's seemingly incapable of spelling or constructing a sentence properly. I don't know about you but if I was sat in a room and someone spoke to me the way some people use text talk I'd rather be dead than listen to him/her babble on and sound like an invalid. I guess you could say it's about intelligence, most stupid people annoy you right? Using text talk gives the impression that you're* stupid, even though you most probably aren't. It's also harder to read in most cases, which pisses people off.

*in general terms, not you specifically.

Text talk was invented to save space in text's.

We have no limited space here.

So why do it?

It's not exactly that much quicker. And sometimes makes it really hard to read.

As for spelling, theres a spell checker now. And as for grammar, it isn't really that important. So long as you use the odd comma and full stop, shouldn't be a problem.

:mellow:

At the end of the day if you don't like it go and sit in a bath of one inch cold water eating cold baked beans from the tin and don't come on TF.

:-

It's not exactly that much quicker. And sometimes makes it really hard to read.

I find it harder to reach up and find the '2' key, that to type 'to'... I think nearly everyone does as well :mellow:

As for harder to read... it ALWAYS does!

Example:

Yo m8 ru selin that fram cuz i wan it mi mam sez she wil lend me da muny nxt wk so can i speak 2 u on msn?

Yo mate, are you selling that frame? I would like to buy it. My mum says she will lend me the money next week, so can I speak to you on MSN?

lol i really hope he gets the point now.

not everyone uses the same type of text talk either(different locations etc..), proper english just makes sure that everyone can actually understand what your trying to say.

Text talk was made for people because typing on a phone is a pain in the arse. On a keyboard there is absolutely NO excuse to use text talk.

It takes a split second to type a word, so why type it shorter??

And the reasons people use "proper English" is because you look like a f**king idiot if you don't.

Even if it is quicker to write, it takes longer to read the replys if we are all using it. So i suppose that defeats the object, and completely flaws your argument... Sorry.

So stop crying about it and accept it. Also, it is a FORUM RULE. I suppose that is the other reason people are bothered.

Edited by philking