Underground Closure

cant_ride

Absolutely shocking! As soon as I heard I thought its like 9/11 all over again...

My Brother usually works in London, all over it in fact, but was lucky cos he was at home today, major relief!

Thoughts go out to the people involved and the families affected :S

Jonny.

Edited by trialmedia

I think it's been timed by the terrorists. Just as London is in a state of celebration over the Olympic bid and there's a few more people in there from being at the celebrations etc they attack.

The G8 summit has nothing to do with terrorism so isn't an obvious target or reason for this attack. It's more likely just a "normal" attack where they've taken advantage of London't current state.

Some reports say at least 30 people have died although there are only 2 official deaths. There are scores of people who have been injured and as you may have seen there are many people being flown in on air ambulances with serious injuries.

I doubt mass chaos was their target, causing as many casualties as possible is more likely the case this is simply a byproduct of the attack. Also you can hardly call it chaos, from what I can see the emergency services are highly organised atm and are dealing with the situation very quickly and efficiently.

from what I can see the emergency services are highly organised atm and are dealing with the situation very quickly and efficiently.

Thats a point, thoughts go out to all those in the Emergency Services who are going in and sorting it all out too :S

Tomm: May just be rumour, you can never tell with these things, but my wife emailed me from her office to tell me, I think shes listening to the news about it something. I'll see if I can get more info

Edited by andyroo

Absolutely shocking!  As soon as I heard I thought its like 9/11 all over again...

My Brother usually works in London, all over it in fact, but was lucky cos he was at home today, major relief!

Thoughts go out to the people involved and the families affected :S 

Jonny.

Alot of people i know are up town now. The armys been brought in.

Its been confirmed as a terrorist attack. What stupid F-ucking religion kills women and children?

The first bomb hit at Peak rush hour time. A state of emergency will soon be delcared and a lockdown on the city will come next.

I know I'm probably the least affected by all this as I missed the train to liverpool street by like 3 minutes ( lucky ) but I would have been on the northern line underground ( moorgate and kings cross which were both affected ) around the time of the explosions.

oli

my thoughts go out

You cant go blaming the French for all this  :S

But it's ok to blame 'Al-Qaeda', though?

Seriously, why the shiznit are they thinking about Alqy, when two major events have taken/are taking place that will undoubtedly aggrevate certain groups of people, of whom the Islamic terrorists couldn't be associated with at all? It's both petty and irritating how they always point the finger to them whenever something remotely unusual happens, as if there's only one terrorist organisation in the world...!

The French have more than enough reason to hate Brits at the moment, not only because of the Olympic bid (which had, has, and will have HUGE implications both economically and politically, so it's not just some minor point to shun out) but because the two leaders argued fiercely over global issues in the past months. They're not really 'friends' at the moment.

... anyway, I'm annoyed that people point the finger of blame but here I am doing exactly that, so that can kinda stop now. I don't think they've reported any deaths at the moment so that's a good thing. It shouldn't take too long for the entire London emergency service to clean up the mess, and so London could technically be back up and running tomorrow. But obviously they'll need to let it drag on long enough to make it a lasting thing like Sept 11.

Tralla la la la la.

Hmm... I'm super relieved my dad go's to work at 7 in the morning, he was safely in his office when the shit hit the fan.

His office is about 5 mins from Liverpool St. station.

And my mum's stuck in Croydon.

Glad they're all safe.. dunno how my dad's gonna get back home though.

Seriously, why the shiznit are they thinking about Alqy, when two major events have taken/are taking place that will undoubtedly aggrevate certain groups of people, of whom the Islamic terrorists couldn't be associated with at all? It's both petty and irritating how they always point the finger to them whenever something remotely unusual happens, as if there's only one terrorist organisation in the world...!

The reports claim they have reliable arab sources to back this up though....

Hmm... I'm super relieved my dad go's to work at 7 in the morning, he was safely in his office when the shit hit the fan.

His office is about 5 mins from Liverpool St. station.

And my mum's stuck in Croydon.

Glad they're all safe.. dunno how my dad's gonna get back home though.

My uncles walking home from liverpool street going down the mile end road

I hate rleigion with a bgger passion now and my original views of religion still stand, ban it.

Edited by Michael Hardman

The French have more than enough reason to hate Brits at the moment, not only because of the Olympic bid (which had, has, and will have HUGE implications both economically and politically, so it's not just some minor point to shun out) but because the two leaders argued fiercely over global issues in the past months. They're not really 'friends' at the moment.

... anyway, I'm annoyed that people point the finger of blame but here I am doing exactly that, so that can kinda stop now. I don't think they've reported any deaths at the moment so that's a good thing. It shouldn't take too long for the entire London emergency service to clean up the mess, and so London could technically be back up and running tomorrow. But obviously they'll need to let it drag on long enough to make it a lasting thing like Sept 11.

Tralla la la la la.

two people have died :S

Did you hear what an eye witness said about the bus?

Apparently it was 'Ripped in two by the explosion'

f**king wankers need to get caught by the americans so they can give them the death penalty

I think if we caught them they'd get the death penalty aswell, terrorists would be classed as a threat to the nation and monarch, therefore I think the death penalty would come about.

two people have died :S

So they claim so far... it will definitely be more than that. You can't pack enough explosive to blow the roof off a bus full of people, and only kill two.

Blair's just confirmed it was an act of terrorism.

Radio 5 Live - http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/homepage/int/break...ve.shtml?listen - has a streaming update, you can listen via the web player, windows media player or Real Player.

Has been confirmed its the work of Al-Qaeda.

Again, thoughts to people involved, families, emergency services and anybody else involved in this un-comprehensible event.

Jonny.

So they claim so far... it will definitely be more than that. You can't pack enough explosive to blow the roof off a bus full of people, and only kill two.

Blair's just confirmed it was an act of terrorism.

very true, there will be more - the two confirmed deaths were at Aldwick Station too

its been done today cause all the security focus is at the g8. WHo ever planned this knew what they were doing! There are some sick people living in this world!

I'm pretty sure that we'd of thought of them doing that though. And I don't think they'd move the metropolitan police all the way "up there" just for G8. It'll be a different force oop north.

Well of course it's f**king terrorism! A roof doesn't just blow off a bus without being deliberately blown off. I never denied it was an act of terrorism, but I said it's annoying how they think there is only one terrorist organisation on the entire planet. Already in this one thread a number of different people have started blaming religion. I'm not sure whether I should be laughing or fuming! Where in the f**k have you got religion in to this from? Why would it be religiously just to blow up a couple of buses? You wouln't know the answer because you don't know anything about any religion, other than the damn word 'Jihad'.

And the bloke who said there are sound Arab sources... take a second to think why oh why they stitch them up? Why would an Arab tell on an Arab, knowing it would make both look equally as bad, since they're the same? People always lose common sense when it comes to terrorism events, always.

The truth is that there is absolutely no way at all of them knowing who it was without a true confession from the party involved (and not some phony one from people in costumes...!), which will never happen itself. But the Government know that the people want answers, and as usual the only answer they know how to give is the arabic term for 'the base'.

Shame, really.

By the way, I'm not saying it absolutely 100% wasn't Al-Qaeda, because like everyone else I don't know anything. We can speculate forever with no forseeable conclusion, but that gets nobody anywhere especially when there are more important short term issues at hand, like getting the city back up and running.