Trials Park Near Shipley Glen

DrEvil270183

Kool sounds good.

I rember getting off the train. Riding up and there was a lil concrete series of jumps.

We got told it was in a dogy place so carried on riding past that cafe and up to the glen.

Id love to ride a trials park.I rember seeing one in a vid in france somnewhere.

Its a shame British councils seem to lack funds or just dont care Its nice to here bout things like this and riders in tauton trying their best to get a trials park.

It would be good to find a list of trials parks there must be a couple somewhere.

How small is this trials park.

Pics would be ace.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for posting up it sounds cool. (Y) :P

There is a tiny lil trials park down the road from the glen, me an mate saw loads of lil rocks randomly places and afew balance things...then a lil sign saying "trials cycling area" or something along those lines.

anyone checked it out, doesnt look amazing but maybe a laugh for half hour lol

I haven't seen the sign :P"

But I do ride on them little rocks when i'm on my way back from the Glen to saltaire station (Y)

Sam

Its in my village of Baildon.

About 6 or 7 years ago there were 30+ riders in the village and we all started a petition etc etc...... then in mid 2003 it was finally built, looking nothing like the original plans or much like trial at all....

Now i am the only one trials riders left in my village and only ride there when i'm very bored or have no fuel to go other places.

The village itself is actually really good to say how small it is and that i have been riding there for 7 years i still see new lines form time to time.

it sonly people that drive from Bradford area that come through baildon as its faster than going through bingley and there is no road link from salaire.

bucky

I saw it today.

At first I thought it was a rockery, didnt even give it a second glance in thoughts of riding it, then someone said it was the trials area, I was shocked. Its smaller than my bloody bedroom!

cant see why the have built it when shipley glen is a mile or so away :P

I suspect the rockery came about because someone thought something like this: If the council put up any largish stuff then riders could fall off and hurt themeselves. Then the riders might take legal action against the council for having put the "trials park" there in the first place.

• 7 months later...

Just thourght id bring this back from the dead to mention the brilliant little Trials park in Silsdon we found yesterday on the way home from the comp.

Its a turn off the main road that takes you by a stream my dad came across on a bike ride whilst we where competitng. Basically its a scheme the council set up called rocks and ramps with small skate park to the left and trials area to the right.

No camera at the time so no picture i'm afraid but i was really impressed trials is be noticed.

The little park its self consisted of 10 or so fair sized rocks and wooden beam style gaps. And a fun little rail the area surrounding it.

If any one else has found trial parks along there travels please post up.

I was really excited to find summit actually made to ride instead of having to make do with places we are not aloud to ride or would get done for damage.

I see it as a positive sign for an up and comming trials future.

Mite be old news to some people but its worth posting

:turned: