Finally Built Up My Gt Hans Rey Bike

MikeWarner

My first trials / street bike! Finished it on Tuesday and went straight of for a ride - feels pretty good. The bike isn't exactly as I want it yet. I need new wheels and some Magura HS33s, but appart for that, the bike is done.

The spec as is:

GT Hans "No Way" Rey Frame (limited edition), On One steel forks, Middleburn RS7 Trials cranks, USE Carbon seatpost with Flite Trans Alp seat, Hope Titanuim hubs (borrowed off my XC bike) with Mavic rims, DMR Mag pedals, Maxxis High Roller tyres, Shimano V-Brakes, LX shifter and RD, 8 speed XT cassette, Easton EZ70 Vice Bars, Easton EA50 Stem, Hope skewers....etc. The whole bike is just short of 25lb. It is hard to ride at the moment at the rear brake feels terrible - but the HS33 will go on soon.

Let me know what you think :angry: Thanks.

gallery_7398_7_51219.jpg

gallery_7398_7_81020.jpg

gallery_7398_7_47096.jpg

gallery_7398_7_79800.jpg

gallery_7398_7_70588.jpg
Edited by MikeWarner

Most is new - appart from the saddle, wheels (no be replaced), shifters and brake levers (HS33s going on soon). The rear mech is also an old part which I had laying around - it feels fault, so I will be replacing that with a short mech.

It rides well, but I have not done any street or trials riding for over 10 years. Some things I can still do, but I'm having trouble getting the rear wheel up - so I've got to work on that.

Did I get the wrong forum? Can a mod move it please if that is the case? Many thanks. :angry: :">

I got the tyres at a really good price - but will upgrade when I have some spare cash.

Edited by MikeWarner

Thats the best looking old school bike i've ever seen looks a total beast.

Nice one mate.

Now watch Simon tell you to put it in the bike pics thread and that you've posted in the wrong area. Hitler would be proud,

yeah i really like that - get a DCD for full old skoolness :angry:

looks like a fun bike

mike

I still have an original 1992 DCD (Dave's Chain Device) in the garage - I'll go fit it! (Y)

I wasn't really aiming for old school, just something familiar. What specifically makes it old school?

I mis-measured the chain - I'll rectify that once I get a shorted rear mech. :o

Edited by MikeWarner

That is one damn nice bike. I wish i had started out on something like that.

I've got 5 years of trials experience, but this was in the early '90s. I'm 10 years older now (30) and I'm almost 2 stone heavier too. It will take a while to get back to the level I was once at.

Thats a nice bike! I would get a little seat on it though.  :angry:

Yep - that is on the list, but as I'm a beginner again, I don't need the clearance yet, so will upgrade to a little saddle once I get better.

Cheers for all the positive coments guys. (Y)

Extremely nice bike there matey, very good choice of parts and colour scheme make it look ace!

Very well done

Tom

I have the folks here to thank in guiding me in the right direction regarding components. I fiddled with the brakes a bit since posting this and I now have a more positive feel at the level, but not quite so much power as before. Hopefully I'll get on with this setup better than before - but I'll be ordering the HS33s soon. Oh, I've now moved my saddle back and tilted it up a bit. :angry:

That looks awesome i love it. How much did the frame cost?

They retail at £400 but I picked mine up for £370. They are apparently very limited edition. I was alway a fan of Hans Rey back in the 90s, so I felt I had to give this frame a try to start with.

To be honest, if anyone says put this in the bike pics thread they can f**k off. This is someone's first bike it deserves it's own thread.

yeh, cos one rule should only apply to certain people. *TUT*

As for the bike. Its pretty nice and i'm sure it suites you down to the ground, but there's no way in hell i could ride trials on that. You're a better man than I.