Finally Built Up My Gt Hans Rey Bike

MikeWarner

They retail at £400 but I picked mine up for £370.  They are apparently very limited edition.  I was alway a fan of Hans Rey back in the 90s, so I felt I had to give this frame a try to start with.

Sorry to piss on your bon fire but you got ripped off mate. Take it as a Lesson.

Number 1

Number 2

I don't like that bike, doesn't look as nice as it could/should.

Why should a bike look nice?

Shouldn't a bike ride nice?

f**k all this "i need my bike too look good" shit, I remember back in the days when that bike would have been one of the best trials bikes around. All this new XTP cnc'd shit pisses me right off.

You kids riding trials today don't have a f**king clue how lucky you are to have all this trials specific stuff available to you.

Very sweet ride!!

Looks so clean and tidy! Good choice

Glad to see somein different but I can't say i'd ever buy one due to the general ride of it, cant say i'd be able to front touch that beast!

But none the less very very nice!!!!!

Rob :rolleyes:

Sorry - frame was £270 not £370, I'm going senile in my old age. I did in fact buy it via the second ebay link above (they had two in stock).

I've been out for a ride today and things are starting to come back to me now. Hopefully a few month down the line I'll be back to the standard I was at 10 years ago. :rolleyes:

I've been out for a ride today and things are starting to come back to me now.  Hopefully a few month down the line I'll be back to the standard I was at 10 years ago. :P

Its a lovely bike, looks even better in real life and its sooooooo light.

Mike even looks a little like hans rey :rolleyes:"

Its a lovely bike, looks even better in real life and its sooooooo light.

Mike even looks a little like hans rey (Y)"

Cheers for letting me come along - a pity I had to leave early though. I got back to my car and found that my cranks were indeed loose, so good that I stopped riding when I did.

It was a good day for me, some of my skills started to come back, but I still need a lot of work on the basics. At the moment, I just not feeling that the bike is an extension of myself - which is something that will come with time.

I have fiddled with the brakes a bit more and straightened the rear wheel out so the brakes no longer rub on the back. The tar helped loads (Thanks Charlie for that!).

I'll get some more practice in before next time! (Y)

Why should a bike look nice?

Shouldn't a bike ride nice?

f**k all this "i need my bike too look good" shit, I remember back in the days when that bike would have been one of the best trials bikes around.  All this new XTP cnc'd shit pisses me right off.

You kids riding trials today don't have a f**king clue how lucky you are to have all this trials specific stuff available to you.

AMEN

Glad you enjoy the bike. I hope it treats you well.

lol i love how you have a carbon seatpost yet run those forks on it! madness

Looks good otherwise

I needed long forks - and choice was not great. I'm hoping to get some Pace RC32s when Pace start producing them again next year - I something lighter if something comes along.

I got the post cheap on ebay - but I have just ordered a mini push-in seat.... (Y)

Wow, looks so old school, nice bit of foot-front tire action going methinks! Though, I'm gonna be a naggy b*****d, there is a bike pics thread in Sites, Vids and Pics, if anyone else had done this it'd have been closed straight away, so there's no reason for yours to be kept open (N)

Though you're pretty new here so that's why it appears none of the mods give two shits B)

A word of warning from someone who knows....

DONT LEAVE THAT BIKE ANYWHERE! it will get nicked and sold for parts before you can shout 'STOP THIEF!'

it seems that the GT brand of bikes is the only quality / expensive bike that chavvies know of and they target them over any other bike.

in the thieving world, the GT is the XR3i of bikes.... if you get me!

i had a GT zascar LE with full xtr spec get stolen from under my nose.

Nice bike though!

I needed long forks - and choice was not great.  I'm hoping to get some Pace RC32s when Pace start producing them again next year - I something lighter if something comes along.

I got the post cheap on ebay - but I have just ordered a mini push-in seat.... (Y)

I'll let you off then (Y) Echo Pures are 420mm long and pretty sturdy

Pete

i had a GT zascar LE with full xtr spec get stolen from under my nose.

Nice bike though!

I won't be leaving it anywhere - don't worry! (Y)

Incidentally, I also still own my old 1993 GT Zaskar LE. I am currently building it up to it's original spec - just waiting on some genuine 1991 Onza tyres and some new (never used ) 1992 XTR cantilevers and I'll have all the bits I need. It even has Middleburn RS1 cranks, Hope Titanium hubs, flite, USE post.... etc. Very old school! It is the bike I learnt most of my trials on (back when XC bikes were all that trials riders had access to).

I won't be leaving it anywhere - don't worry! (Y)

Incidentally, I also still own my old 1993 GT Zaskar LE.  I am currently building it up to it's original spec - just waiting on some genuine 1991 Onza tyres and some new (never used ) 1992 XTR cantilevers and I'll have all the bits I need.  It even has Middleburn RS1 cranks, Hope Titanium hubs, flite, USE post.... etc.  Very old school!  It is the bike I learnt most of my trials on (back when XC bikes were all that trials riders had access to).

need a pic need a pic need a pic need a pic (Y)

(Y)