Coust Rep Frames And Toxsin Version 1's...

hugh_b

Hi all. I was looking into buying one of these coustellier replica frames. However some people have told me that they are not as good as the real thing and some people have said they are frome the same factory just out the "back door" kinda thing. Can any one tell me what the facts r before i go buy this because i dont want a second rate frame?

Also another option would be a toxsin, any feedback on this would also be appreciated.

cheers-Hugh

Edited by trialsntrials

I went from a koxx 1040 to a Toxsin. Its improved my riding loads due to the extra length and I also find the +20m bb not too high but it helps on everything except gaps to rear wheel as they seem harder.

I would reccomend one, although dont get it painted plain is best as the paint is crap and after 1 week scratched and chipping off they look pants, but its not all about looks.

Hi all. I was looking into buying one of these coustellier replica frames. However some people have told me that they are not as good as the real thing and some people have said they are frome the same factory just out the "back door" kinda thing. Can any one tell me what the facts r before i go buy this because i dont want a second rate frame?

Also another option would be a toxsin, any feedback on this would also be appreciated.

cheers-Hugh

I had a coust blag and it ridden f**king awazing and didnt seem to weak, i loved it, even the disc mount held out, get one.

The only differences between the replica and the real thing are :

1. bb is about 1cm higher with the replica. So now the replica matches the real coust V2

2. The seatstays and toptube dont follow each other in an exact straight line. there is a little rise in the topetube making the frame about 5m m higher than the original.

3. Disk mount on the rep.

Coust frames dent easy. So if you can stretch a little future I would buy a toxsin. But for £200 posted you'll get the best bargain going.

If you have any more questions you can phone me on 0770 720 6 006.

Nice one (N)

adam

Will someone PLEASE tell me what this so called fake coust is????

Yes. It is a copy of the Coustellier frame straight from the factory in Taiwan, with minor detail differences and a polished finish with no stickers. Adam knows the guy in Taiwan that gets them made. They are pretty much identical to the 'normal' Coustellier St Blaise.

simply the toxsin 1 the end mine is:

1110mm wheelbase with echo urbans (Y)

385mm chainstays

+20mm (roughly probs a bit less cos of my forks)

and they are really really nice frames, with suprisingly good build qaulity for the price :sick:

and the geometry is awesome for:

taps

sidehops

gaps

drop gaps

transfers

and general trials.

the only thing is my general backwheel control is worse than on my t-rex! (Y) :)

Edited by Dw@Hulltrials