Worlds Coverage...

F-Stop Junkie

Well ... things are really moving up here in Yorkshire ... the sections are looking amazing with ground never before used ... the phone never stops ringing with spectators travelling from all over the UK asking for directions.

Tomorrow people start moving in to Skipton from all over the world - 15 countries entered with almost 200 riders. The Japanese arrive tomorrow, the Slovaks arrive on Thursday by coach - the Spanish arrive on Thursday by air, and some trade stands start turning up tomorrow!

Skipton will never have seen anything like it when the parade goes up the High Street on Saturday night, and Addingham Moorside will never have been as busy as it will be this weekend!

A Japanese video company is travelling over to produce a video, as well as at least four known professional photographers.

Local support has been great - so let's have support from all you riders.

Be there and show Britain how great a sport trials is!!!

Well ... things are really moving up here in Yorkshire ... the sections are looking amazing with ground never before used ... the phone never stops ringing with spectators travelling from all over the UK asking for directions.

Tomorrow people start moving in to Skipton from all over the world - 15 countries entered with almost 200 riders.  The Japanese arrive tomorrow, the Slovaks arrive on Thursday by coach - the Spanish arrive on Thursday by air, and some trade stands start turning up tomorrow!

Skipton will never have seen anything like it when the parade goes up the High Street on Saturday night, and Addingham Moorside will never have been as busy as it will be this weekend!

A Japanese video company is travelling over to produce a video, as well as at least four known professional photographers.

Local support has been great - so let's have support from all you riders.

Be there and show Britain how great a sport trials is!!!

Barbara, hello,

fancy righting out some directions (Y)" :">

pleaseeeee

Hi Joe

It's late now and we're out at 6.00am to put direction signs and banners up.

I'll type out directions for you tomorrow night - Ok?

Barbara

Thats fine (Y)

not to worry.

EDIT: got it sorted now, my pc was playing up, and ive now bought some (Y)

Edited by JoeMaher

I wish I could come, but I had other things arranged first. :)  (Y)

But I'll just say good luck to all the UK riders, make sure you get a few medals. (Y)"

very doubted as the two most likely people to win medals weren't picked for the team

very doubted as the two most likely people to win medals weren't picked for the team

8 posts in and its starting already. :)

hope to see plenty of people there this weekend, ill be there helping out as much as i can as will my gf and a few friends.

edit: flash is gay and left himself logged on on my pc so this is bucky.

Edited by Flash

No comment, anyway there's still ben slinger, Joe, Ali C might do well, get the idea. :)"

i cant wait, i hope england do bring back as many medals as possible from every world round, not just the england one, i myself, would love to own a world round medal!

joE!

Britain, not england. (Y)

I mite have cancer for the day or summet.

Good idea (Y)

I'm going to ask Tall Pete at Work (halfords) if he can cover for me and I'll buy him some beer. I really want to go :)

The worlds won't come back for aggggges and it's the first time they're here. Sounds like an amazing day planned. Want to support Wayne / Ali C and the rest of the British team (Y)

fancy righting out some directions (Y)"  :">

pleaseeeee

where you coming from ? i live in skipton so i will be fine giving directions presuming your coming from the south so choose if you are coming leeds or bradford way and then i will give you them from there. bradford way is the better way btw

also anyone up for riding round the local area be quality to see lots of people out.

btw good job with the signpost just driven home from school and they are everywhere around the auction mart.

can't wait now :)

Edited by Hiltop

where you coming from ? i live in skipton so i will be fine giving directions presuming your coming from the south so choose if you are coming leeds or bradford way and then i will give you them from there. bradford way is the better way btw

also anyone up for riding round the local area be quality to see lots of people out.

btw good job with the signpost just driven home from school and they are everywhere around the auction mart.

can't wait now  :)

am coming from south linconshire,

getting to skipton shouldnt be a problem(ill multimap it)

i have a question, as ill be coming saturday nite, and am camping, can i camp at same place as everyone else, and pay ( or can i only stay there if im helping out)???

haha think i may have spoke to soon, riding around at the local park / skatepark and somehow a silver camper van has managed to find its way into the park (locked gates at both ends (Y) happened to be a load of japanese/chinese trials riders looking for the camping site. giving directions is not the easiest of task especially when they struggled to understand. made me proper excited though, looking forward to see them riding round town. :)

haha think i may have spoke to soon, riding around at the local park / skatepark and somehow a silver camper van has managed to find its way into the park (locked gates at both ends  :lol:  happened to be a load of japanese/chinese trials riders looking for the camping site. giving directions is not the easiest of task especially when they struggled to understand. made me proper excited though, looking forward to see them riding round town.  :blink:

That was the Czech Team !!!

Just got back now from the event ... what can I say ... the team I'm working with are brilliant and my grateful thanks go to Terry Graves and Stuart Matthews helping with setting up the showers and toilets, putting up signposts, etc ... and particularly to the section-setting team who've been building since Monday morning. The effort and detail that's gone into doing all this is amazing!

I've had two newspapers on the phone today wanting information about the event, and a load more spectators wanting directions!

Roll on tomorrow when we start putting up the sponsors' banners and the flags of the world arrive in town!

DIRECTIONS (specially for Joe)

From the A1 (my preferred route, not necessarily what the map book says)

Turn off just north of Leeds at the "Otley" turn off (just after the end of the A1(M) bit.

Take the Otley turning from the roundabout.

Turn left at the T-junction.

In Collingham, turn right to Harewood/Harrogate.

At Harewood T-junction, turn right towards Harrogate.

At the bottom of the first hill, turn left to Otley.

From Otley,

follow signs for Skipton then pick up the red A4 "BikeTrial Control" signs --- or if going straight to the competition venue ... at Addingham roundabout, pick up the pink "BikeTrial" signs.

From the M1

Take the M62 towards Bradford

Take the M606 into Bradford

Follow signs for Keighley/Skipton till you pick up the signs for the event as above.

From the M6

Take the M65 towards Blackburn/Burnley/Colne/Skipton then pick up signs for the event as above.

Ok?