Best Rear Hub

the_soon_to_be

at the mo i have a hope mono, and i want to swap because today on a 1.5 mile ride back stopping in places to ride it skipped 19 times, and big ones not little skips

gaz

check inside and check the springs, replace them and grease it back up

or if the ratchet teeth are f**ked send it back to hope and spend the £120 on a present for your mum

check inside and check the springs, replace them and grease it back up

or if the ratchet teeth are f**ked send it back to hope and spend the £120 on a present for your mum

Listen to this man! I have just made the move from a King classic, back to a hope xc, and its not effected my riding one bit. The Hope hub's are more than good enough for trials, just get the internals looked at :turned:

Listen to this man! I have just made the move from a King classic, back to a hope xc, and its not effected my riding one bit. The Hope hub's are more than good enough for trials, just get the internals looked at :turned:

You are talking squarely out of your hoop. If you can't notice the difference between a hope and a king you should be ashamed to call yourself a trials rider.

Listen to this man! I have just made the move from a King classic, back to a hope xc, and its not effected my riding one bit. The Hope hub's are more than good enough for trials, just get the internals looked at (Y)

same here, well i did it a while back, i really didnt get along with my king-not a necessary upgrade

You are talking squarely out of your hoop. If you can't notice the difference between a hope and a king you should be ashamed to call yourself a trials rider.

i can notice the difference, sure i can, my xc feels tons better :P and is more reliable :D but thats down to personal preference, most people would love to own a chris king, and most people who own them wouldnt have anything else....

anyways back to the topic, its quite likely you have broken your ratchet, check inside if you feel confident enough, its very easy, otherwise your best bet is hope, its very likely they will fix it for free.....or for very little :D

You've got a mono you tit.

Next time your over here I'll service it properly.

And Gaz I need that money by the end of this week. If you have money sitting around for a new hub, new frame and new disk, all of which you dont need, then surely your going to pay your friends back first.

Oh yeah and also find those evo mounts that charlie has been asking for for about 3 weeks so that I can have mine back.

I dont mean to have a go but its just not very fair.

Sam

Edited by Sam@SouthTrials

For £120 your best bet is a hope, they are good hubs if you regularly service them which is simple if you know how. I have been through three of four rear steel mono hubs (lost count lol) in the past two years mainly because i didnt look after them, keep them greased up etc. I currently have a half dead mono and its doesnt skip at all, just makes funny noises after a big gap or drop (Y)

Anyway a i have pre-ordered a hope trials hub (pro 2) which is due out in september so i shall be giving that a go :D

You've got a mono you tit.

Next time your over here I'll service it properly.

And Gaz I need that money by the end of this week. If you have money sitting around for a new hub, new frame and new disk, all of which you dont need, then surely your going to pay your friends back first.

Oh yeah and also find those evo mounts that charlie has been asking for for about 3 weeks so that I can have mine back.

I dont mean to have a go but its just not very fair.

Sam

firstly, i know i have a mono, that is why i said i did. i do not have money laying around, i had to borrow it. i am trying to swap my brake not buy a new one. And i am looking for the evo mounts.

what is your problem, why don't you say it to my face rather than in everyone of my threads, are you just trying to give me the worst name on this forum, you tit.

i do not have the money right now to get a rear hub i am simply looking for advise so i know weather to save to get a 2nd king or if i will get a good enough one for the money

so basially say it to my face sam and stop cluttering up my threads

gaz

What dave said, defo dmr revolver and a freewheel like eno but if u want cheap, acs claw, (Y)

Wouldnt bother with a hope or anything, because its a pain when they do eventually go and need to send off wheel bla bla, revolver will not need to be fixed as all you do is change the freewheel for like 10 quid and its perfect for ages again!

I'll never go back :D

Edited by John planet x