Idea!

PaRtZ

Is this a good idea (read below first :P )  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea (read below first :P )

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes with proviso

OK my mate was showing me his BMX forum he showed me this game they play on there.

Everyone familiar with the game H.O.R.S.E? Basically Person A does a trick and person B has to do it too. If Person B matches the trick, then he/she gets to set the new trick for Person A to match. However if someone doesn't do the trick they get the next letter of the word, which I think should be B.I.K.E.

The method of completing the tricks is via hyperlinks to uploaded videos on sites (such as eegoindidee)

If this idea is popular, then it would require a new forum bit where different "battles" between two riders can be seen in threads i.e.

Trials forum>Members only>B.I.K.E. Forum

PaRtZ vs Onzaboymark

Waynio vs Mr scott

Monkeyseemonkeydo vs Anal teflon

Except I probably wouldn't challenge onzaboymark :deej:

Heres the BMX thread

Thanks for reading :bunny:

I don't think that this idea will be to everyone's liking but if it is done in a "have a laugh" light hearted way then...

... I LOVE IT! :bunny:

Who wants to play against me first?

Peace

Barlow

Proposed Rules

…as far as I understand

Right then, I’ve replaced “Person 1” and “Person 2” with Waynio and Craig Lee Scott to hopefully dispel confusion.

1. Waynio challenges Craig to a game of B.I.K.E. via e-mail, PM, text etc but NOT in a new forum topic.

2. If Craig accepts then he starts a new forum topic called “Waynio vs. Craig” and because he was challenged then he gets to go first.

3. Craig posts up a short video of a move/trick of his choice e.g. 17 foot static gap

4.Waynio then tries to match this trick and post a short video clip of it.

5. Unfortunately Waynio can only do a 16 foot static gap and so gets the letter “B”

6. IMPORTANT: Craig then gets to set another trick because Waynio failed.

7. Craig sets the challenge of “most front hops” and posts a video of himself doing 325 consecutive front hops. In a phenomenal effort Waynio posts a video of himself doing 34,682 consecutive front hops and matches the challenge

8. IMPORTANT: Craig does not get a letter BUT Waynio now gets to set the next challenge trick.

9. NO REPEAT TRICKS

10. WHEEL SIZE DOES NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE TO THE GAME

One of the reasons that this game works so well with BMX is that a 4 foot quarter is the same regardless of whether it is in Banbury or Bradford.

Naturally in trials it's going to be a lot harder to work out if "Gap A" is of equall difficulty to "Gap B" etc but at the same time who cares. The only reason it would be a problem anyway is if someone is taking it way too seriously.

Just have a laugh and go with it.

Regardless of how well this takes off on the forum it's a cool little game to play in a group of friends, especially to get the creative trials juices flowing.

:deej:

Barlow

Edited by mintsauce

Its a great idea but with fundamental flaws. You would have to state the objects allowed to be used IE if someone does a 30" tap on a rock, then someone else has to do it the rocks will be very different one may be easier to tap, also getting measurments of the rocks will make it difficult.

If you did it on kurbs or you had a set list of things you can use then it would be far more successful, I would fancy giving it ago lol sounds fun. Could have the B.I.K.E king on the forum, whoever wins the most challenges and a little ranking table, make it amusing.

thats funny and extremly kool.

love the example barlow :bunny: :deej: the thing is you have given CLS the opportunity to do a 16ft static gap :( :deej: and i bet he will come back with the goods.

Waynio...........................

8. IMPORTANT: Craig does not get a letter BUT Waynio now gets to set the next challenge trick.

Why not? :deej:

he lost that challenge so he should get his letter.

...as I see it, it's because in the example, Waynio matched the challenge and now gets to set a challenge i.e. He has gained the advantage.

It's similar to Badminton! You can only score on your serve :bunny:

I think the example I used may be confusing so this is easier to understand:

1. Craig sets the challenge of sidehopping 10 pallets and posts a video

2. Wayne posts a vid of him side hopping 10 pallets

3. Wayne matched the challenge and gains the advantage and sets the next challenge

There is no need to better the challenge (e.g. side hop 11 pallets) just equal it (e.g. side hop 10 pallets)

This is always how I've played it with friends (and on Tony Hawk Pro Skater!) but it maybe that it would take too long this way using videos. It's only a suggestion.

Peace

Barlow

Im with everyone that mentioned the word pallets in the thread. Using them is the only way it can be judged as fair competition as they are a standard size (blue ones) most the time and setting them up will be easy.

id be up for filming some stuff and uploading when i get back home on friday if anyone wants a challenge, would be a great way to feed of other riders and progress in weak areas.

Great idea , what is trials anyway if not challenging / encouraging eachother ? The only downside is that this will be more of a spectator sport for those of us not blessed with digital cameras / incredible skills . Can't wait for the first gauntlet to be thrown down.

This truly is a brilliant idea!!

One thing though... Could we do it with pictures instead? Two reasons I say this... Not everybody has a digital video camera and the appropriate software for editing etc and also a lot of 56gay users wouldn't be able to download and upload vids all the time 'cause it takes ages.

:shifty:

Sounds like a plan, as long as the pictures aren't fakes like some chumps posted up here before (they said they 'backwheeled' a rock, when they were blatantly just backhopping near the edge of it :shifty:\).

Anyway, it'll have to be something like curbs/pallets just because like people have said, that's the only standardized thing.

Moved it to Sites, Vids 'n' Pics. Will make it a Sticky or something if it goes ahead, we can have a rules thread so it's all fair 'n' stuff...

yeah obviously it will be in a similar frame of mind to chit-chat i.e. nothing serious, no upsets to be caused, and by losing doesn't mean you're crap. The reason the BMX'ers started is was because you've got a slightly greater incentive to learn new tricks than normal. Plus it also shows others your skills and allow others to help

However mostly its just a bit a fun :shifty:

Very good idea!

Thing is with pictures though, it is hard to know weather they ACTUALLY made it, for example....the rider hops up a curb, manuels, then 360's off...how are you going to tell they did that, just from a picture.. :shifty: ?

Might just be me being stupid, meh...good idea!

Aaron.

Im guessing you have been on the computer too much Matt but yeah loving the idea , wouldnt mind a match with you as you've become a lot more skilled of late. :shifty:.

Craig

p.s Is there a certain time people will have to come up with the goods.

Edited by freeride-wales

It seems like alot of effort to me. Good idea though, but i haven't got a cam. :D So i won't be able to take part but i'll view from afar. :shifty:

Edited by JT!