Scam! - Please Help If You Can

penguin

FULL NAME: Luke Malpass

FULL HOUSE ADDRESS: XX Brome road, Abbeymead, Gloucester

POSTAL CODE: GLX XXX

PHONE NUMBER: 0703XXXX21

This guy is trying to scam me... and i want to have something against him. I imagine he gave me his face phone number and fake address...

I need results within the next 30 minutes. Can someone call him or show me the link for Mapquest in the UK?

Both would be nice!

-TOM-

I would call him, but my phone doesn't have an 'X' on it.

What exactly do you want us to do? If you think he's sent you a fake cheque ask your bank, what is a fake cheque anyway? does it have 'VOID, VOID, VOID, THIS IS NOT A CHEQUE' along the bottom - no. 1 giveaway.

Edited by sfboy

What exactly do you want us to do? If you think he's sent you a fake cheque ask your bank, what is a fake cheque anyway? does it have 'VOID, VOID, VOID, THIS IS NOT A CHEQUE' along the bottom - no. 1 giveaway.

somebody has been waching the simpsons : :P

No, it was a cashier's check, and exactly like a normal one. I went to the bank, and told them i didn't trust the person. The bank people said that it was forged, a common thing for people from europe to be doing. They said the bank account on it doesn't exist.

Well... when i put it in, it didn't have a bunch of XXX - but someone changed it, or the system changed it. I'll try again:

FULL HOUSE ADDRESS: "SEVEN" Brome road, Abbeymead, Gloucester

POSTAL CODE: .G.L.4. .5.Y.W.

PHONE NUMBER: .0.7.0.3.1.8.4.1.3.2.1.

No, it was a cashier's check, and exactly like a normal one.  I went to the bank, and told them i didn't trust the person.  The bank people said that it was forged, a common thing for people from europe to be doing.  They said the bank account on it doesn't exist.

Well... when i put it in, it didn't have a bunch of XXX - but someone changed it, or the system changed it.  I'll try again:

FULL HOUSE ADDRESS:  Brome road, Abbeymead, Gloucester

POSTAL CODE: .G.L.4.

PHONE NUMBER: .0.7.0..3.2.1.

No, tom made them xxx's so peoples info arnt given out, but thats tooo late now, uve done that :P :P

Luke lives in stoke-on-trent, not gloucester.

Just done a search on BT.com an the address you give there doesnt exist either. There is no Malpass that lives at that address.

You have been scammed, but not by the Luke Malpass on here, by someone pretending to be him maybe.

Personally i dont trust anyone that offers a cashiers cheque. When my bro was selling his moto-x bike, he kept gettin people asking if they could pay with a cashiers cheque, also asking for our postcode to put into an address finder, we found out that the cheque would bounce an the postcode was to put into a sat-nav so they could come steal the bike. This has been going on a lot.

Edited by Badboy

Penguin, hey dude, sorry it sounds like you had what happened to me a while back when I was selling an old trials bike. I posted straight after I was almost done for £1500 that cheques take 10 days to "clear", and my bank made the money available after 6, stating it was "OK" after just 3! It wasn't until the 10th day when I was about to send the bike that I found out it bounced, only by luck of simply checking my balance that day!

Don't know who's sent you but it wasn't me mate.

Hey Luke! I figured that was what was up... sorry for throwing your name up there. I didn't know about you. :">

I appreciate all the information. Thanks for looking up the address! I'll be trying to get some info out of this guy. The bank is giving some stuff over to the FBI, so hopefully eventually this guy will slip up.