Wanted: Frame/fork Brake Mount Measurements

Heatsink

Hi there,

I need to build up a list of measurements covering the range of Trials frames and forks out there. This will be useful for a few things I'm working on - so that they fit the widest variety of frames! There's nothing more annoying that buying something and finding it doesn't fit.

It's the distance between the brake mount from one side of the frame/fork to the other that I'm interested in.

1. For 4 bolt frames, for the rear, both top and bottom mounts - centre to centre

2. For Vee mount frames, for the rear - centre to centre

3. The same as above for whatever forks you're using!

To measure, please throw a ruler across the centre of the bolt heads from one side to the other. If you see your frame already mentioned, please add your measurements anyway because I'm sure these vary by a few mm each way!

When I've got a really thorough list which includes the brand new frames & forks, then I'll hold a raffle of all those that have contributed. The prize will be some free pads - Ones not yet released. I'll have two pairs available :D

Cheers in advance!

Steve

Zoo Python YZ 2005: top rear mounts: 96mm

bottom rear mounts: 98mm

Onza T-Master Forks: top mounts: 83mm

bottom mounts: 85mm

Onza T-Pro/T-Bird standard cromo forks: top mounts: 82mm

bottom mounts: 84mm

Onza T-Pro 2003 frame: top rear mounts: 92mm

bottom rear mounts: 94mm

Happy to help :D still using the old school Baby Blue and Yellow Heatsinks :P

Edited by Sponge

Thanks for all the frame measurements so far :sleeping:

I'm wondering what the measurements between the rear 4 bolt mounts are on some of the most recent 26" frames:

Echo Team 05

Echo HiFi 05

Echo Control 05

GU Typhoon

Kot

Koxx XTP

Toxsin

Zoo Pitbull

Vario Styx

I'll be putting all contributors in a hat for a pair of free pads:

bluepads2.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Zoo Pitbull 04 1090 - 98mm top/bottom

Control 04 1085 - 98mm top/bottom

(Y)

EDIT: found some old msn logs with a chat with edd potts about a booster, i measured my Pure 04 1080 at 98 top/bottom also :sleeping:

Edited by tom!e

(sorry for quoting a picture ut i didnt know what else i could put)

Just a quick question, what are those pads designed for steve? Clean rim? Grind?

If there for a clean rim do you mind if i purchased a pair?(my crms have gone poop  :- )

Cheers

Tom

Ime sorry to clog the thred but Fatmike has a pair of thease on a hash grind and they are the most amazing pads, lock and hold = awsome!

Not a clue about a clean rim though.

Sam

Edited by samthebiker

Just a quick question, what are those pads designed for steve? Clean rim? Grind?

If there for a clean rim do you mind if i purchased a pair?(my crms have gone poop  :- )

Cheers

Tom

We're aiming for great life on harsh grinds and are finding that the optimum softness for this in our opinion is good news for smooth rims too!

Best to ask via PM Julien "TrashZen" for his unbiased opinion about how they perform on a smooth rim.

Ime sorry to clog the thred but Fatmike has a pair of thease on a hash grind and they are the most amazing pads, lock and hold = awsome!

Not a clue about a clean rim though.

Sam

This is good to hear :- I've been hearing alot of positive feedback from all those who have been critical (often rightly so) of previous pads. Please bare in mind that these are the best performing pads to come out of independent testing by Adam@TartyBikes so far, but the testing is continuing of more compounds. Think of these pads as an appetiser of things to come!

Currently a select number of riders have been riding these blue pads for the past few weeks:

Adam@Tartybikes (famous harsh grinds)

Trashzen (smooth rim)

Fatmike (harsh grind)

Tank_rider (grind)

Terror-error (grind)

ben@hulltrials (grind)

dan_t-lite (grind)

^ From my experiences, I'm confident that these guys are being completely honest with their feedback on the pads :)

There are also about 5 other riders with these pads who I've forgotten!

I'm listening to what these guys say about their longterm performance and if they are the best out of all those tested when we've been as thorough as possible, then they will be selected as the production pad.

I have some surplus blue pads available - if you're interested in getting hold of some, PM me for further details.

id like to try a set of those in my custom aluminium backings.

Rob I've PMed you about sending a pair for inclusion in your backings. It would be cool to see them in a uber-pimped up set-up like that!

Back to the measurements post, it seems that the T-rex has the narrowest of the 4 bolt set-ups and nothing has been measured narrower than 94mm for an Alu frame of this kind :P

Thanks for all your help - I will hold a mini raffle tonight for the free pair of blue pads! - I'll announce the winner at 10pm tonight

There are also 2 pairs going in the raffle for the NBR comp on Sunday the 21st, with accompanying T-shirts. NBR Prizes

All the NBR comp info here

Steve

Thanks to all that contributed :P Contrary to an earlier post, I have only the one pair of blue pads going up for grabs:

We've just pulled "Wad" out of the hat, so congratulations to you :)

I'm just about to PM a request for your postal address and the pair of blue pads will be sent asap.

Steve