Tyre

Whiteboy

maxxis all the way...didnt like the michelin

more detail:

I find my michelin folds off the rim often, I punctured it twice, the grip was poor and I didnt like the "feel" of it.

My maxxis slow reezay tyre has bags of grip, stays on the rim, has a nice "feel" and I havnt punctured it yet.

maxxis all the way...didnt like the michelin

more detail:

I find my michelin folds off the rim often, I punctured it twice, the grip was poor and I didnt like the "feel" of it.

My maxxis slow reezay tyre has bags of grip, stays on the rim, has a nice "feel" and I havnt punctured it yet.

I agree with ali all the way, when i had a mich on the back, it didn't feel as nice as the maxxis, the michelin feels dead, where as the maxxis has a nice bouncy feel to it, I didn't feel that it gripped as much as the maxxis either.

If i were u Tom, i would go for the maxxis for deffiante, i have used them now for about 1.5 years and never had a problem with them, pinch protection is awsome too, i don't think i have had a pinch in my rear tyre now for over 6 months, and being the bigman that i am, and only running around 25psi, i think that is pretty amazing :blink:

Adam

PS: get a SR minion, best out of them all.

Definitely Maxxis :blink:

I used to ride a Michelin C24 and a C16, both in 2.2"

Now I got a 2.5" Minion dual ply, 40a.

I totaly agree with Ali C and Bigman.

The grip of the michelin is okay, but it just feels shit in my opinion.

For example when you compress the tire before a sidehop, a Michelin sems to absorb all energy, while the Maxxis really throughs you and the bike upwards.

A maxxis feels like a spring that you compress and then use to get higher.

Also with a Michelin I permanently hit the rim, even with 30psi. It's not that you pinch it, but you just hit the rim very easily.

Maxxis all the way!

i would definately say the maxxis, i run a 2.5 st high roller on the rear and it is amazing, haven't punctured it yet and it has oodles of grip

if you went for the 60a compound the grip level wouldn't be very good, if you don't like the bouncy feeling then you could just run the tyre at a higher pressure . . . . .

I'll have to be controversial and say I'm all for the michelin. Had a couple of different Maxxis tyres over the years, none of them have come close to the Comp 24 I'm running now. And I don't know if its just our two differnt styles of riding, but I never had any of the kind of problems Ali suggested with the comp 24's, they've just worked and worked well.

Rich

maxxis, phenominal pinch protection, the mich arent too bad good pinch protection and grippy but not as good in all respects to the maxxis, maxxis is slightly lighter too.

i run a try all though and i prefer it to both tyres, gona try a slow reezey though soon when the try goes slick, my previous maxxis was a supertacky, and although it was good, it dent grip anywhere near as good as the try all, although this maybe because i have become a better rider (Y)

ok at the moment i have a tioga white tiger. and well no too impressed. seems to grip okay but pinch flats real easy. now ive tried a maxxis st but not to happy with the wear rate. so just want to know what the pinch protection is like on a comp 24. will it be better than a tioga? other options are either a Schwalbe Al Mighty or a kenda sticke if some people could tell me some more info about them.

I think people saying the grip of the Maxxis over the Michelin is better is due to them comparing the two with the Slow Reezay/Super Tacky compaonds rather than the Maxxpro.

I've used both the ST and the Maxxpro and the grip difference is considerable.

HOWEVER: The Maxxpro has lasted twice the amount of time the ST lasted.

The Michelin has a softer compound than the Maxxpro.

My Michelin gripped alot better than my Maxxpro did.

The casing difference is personal preference - Some like the less bouncy feel of the Michelin, others like the responsive feel of the Maxxis.

Granted, the Maxxis is lighter than the Michelin.

Overall, i'd say go for the Michelin.

My next tyre is gonna be a 2.2 Michy Comp 16.

I'm currently running a 2.5 Maxxis Minion Maxxpro.