Stock Or Mod?

stubert

Hey, this is probably talked about 24/7 and posted about just as much, but i'm interest to see what people ride and what they feel is best.

My cousin has lured me into trials over the past year and i've kept a look out for bikes on ebay/here.

I recently bought a T-Pro which is in the post to me and cant wait to get it.

My cousin is quite a short guy but has ridden both mod and stock. I've also watched many a vid and seen pro's pull off wicked moves on both.

What made me buy a mod was seeing how much Craig Lee Scott can throw it around and get heaps of air for drops.

Im 5'10" and pretty strong. What would people reccommend for someone of my build? Obviously im going to get the basics sorted on my T-Pro and hopefully not pick up too many injuries (Y)

Post away ladies and gents, i wanna know what you all think

i have had both mod and stock and both of them were begginners bikes onza t-bird 20" and a T-raptor 26" and i think that mod are alot better because they are more flickable and easyier to chuck around on things. stock may be better if you are quite tall because most taller people find them easyier for some reason

People who ride stocks sometimes have mods to play about on. But people who ride mods tend not to ride stocks, ever. That sums it up really. (Y)

Edited by JT!

er mod riders i think you will find stock is better hahah lol. i think mods are ok easyer to throw around but i defo love stock. and whoever said you have been watching what cls has been doing on his mod, did you ever think about tunni on a stock.

anyways stoxk stock stock stock big wheels stock stock stock 26inch lol. i think im finishd now

Interesting that the majority of people have said mod, and the majority of people that have replied are still pretty young. (One of the "perks" of being in nmc I suppose (Y)) And obviously, for many, mods will be the obvious choice to learn on, due to them being lighter, and easier to move about on.

I would personally say that in the grand scheme of things, there are more stock riders than mod. Had you, say, asked this same question in the member's part of the forum, I think that you would have received quite a different response.

I ride a stock btw. :P

Also, I still don't get how people can say one is better than the other. Oh wait, yes I can, because they have no reasoning...

Edited by Fatmike

I'll admit it, although I ride a stock bike and personally prefer it, I've never ridden a mod PROPERLY, and ok, they are easier to do stuff on, and therefore more fun, but it just means it's easier and I like a challenge... ;)

Goo topic mate, although I'm sure there have been many simalar in the past....

I ride stock simply because when I started I was still having to ride my bike 3 miles to school everyday, I just couldn't of hacked it on a mod with one stupidly loose gear - I still run 16 gears on my stock now and i wasn't allowed more than one bike then either (parents hey who wants em). Plus it was easier to modify my mountain bike than buy a new one.

Have ridden a mates mod and yes its fun but its just not me, suppose i'd get used to it and I wouldn't mind one as second bike to be honest but don't have the money now.

i own both mod and stock

and i have to say STOCK is far more fun

my t pro is good to ride every now and then ( and was great for learning techniques with) but it just doesnt compare to my bt raven :P

i can do much more on the stock, its less of a pain to travel and in my opinion stocks say more about you as an individual ;)

MOD ;) MOD :P MOD :- MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD