Brakes

aff1e

Well depends on how much you would be willing to spend, a Magura on front can be good, mine is ok but sometimes I wish it would have a bit more bite but saying that I do run red Magura pads on a clean D521 rim but its mint for stopies. Running disc you have more biteo works in the wet bads things I say is probably hitting the disc.

yer i'm alr8 >_<

If your willing to pay out quite a bit then yes, as i'm considering that at the moment. If you do side hops to the left then yes worry about hitting hit, but if it's on the right don't worry. To get a complete avid setup would cost around £200>

toby

I think If you a a beginner then you will be better off with a magura on the front rather than a disc, this Is mainly because you will end up hitting It fairly often and having to replace the disc (prices vary from £10 to £35 I think, depending on which brake system) Maguras need little maintenance, once Its bled and set up correctly. I am currently using a magura with red pads on the front and wouldn't change unless I decided to ride natural far more often, due to the added bite and hold.

ash.

EDIT: What does trials dude under my name mean?

Edited by ash-kennard

I think If you a a beginner then you will be better off with a magura on the front rather than a disc, this Is mainly because you will end up hitting It fairly often and having to replace the disc (prices vary from £10 to £35 I think, depending on which brake system) Maguras need little maintenance, once Its bled and set up correctly. I am currently using a magura with red pads on the front and wouldn't change unless I decided to ride natural far more often, due to the added bite and hold.

ash.

EDIT: What does trials dude under my name mean?

It changes when you get a certain amount of post count, and then you change it to whatever you want...I dont know how many posts you need to put your own :-

Edited by mattyboy_69_

I run HS33 on a clean rim with shitty koolstops <-Not reccomended, but as TomN said its great for stoppies cos you can pull it all the way and it wont lock dead :S

Im learning up to front gaps so im looking at a hydra disc. Local bad experiance with a Try-all has put me off that though :-