My Hub

wayneone

In due time i will be getting anew build with a hope mono rear hub. But as i have just learned the de-railer is attached to the hub, will i be able to keep my de-railer or will i have to get a new one?

de-railer attatched to hub??? is there something ive missed out on? if it is attached to your hub id say get a new one as your bike must be a mutant reject! or an i the looser? >_<" sorry have to come back for more! does this mean you derailer spins wid your hub???

Edited by pissin_on_the_fence

de-railer attatched to hub??? is there something ive missed out on? if it is attached to your hub id say get a new one as your bike must be a mutant reject! or an i the looser?  >_<" sorry have to come back for more! does this mean you derailer spins wid your hub???

Click here

HONE

Revolutionary mounting system fixes the rear derailleur to the hub axle for unsurpassed durability of the components and shifting performance.

Thats what i mean.

Unlucky, looks like you might have to get a new mech (derailleure), unless there is a way to bodge it on, which is unlikely.  Don't you just love shimano?  :P

Howsabouts how they've upgraded the XTR hubs so now, the splined disc fitting for this year's hub doesn't fit last years, so you have to buy all new discs 'n' shit too?

They're The Best!

EDIT: Question:

FH-M600_popup_v2_m56577569830550649.jpg

Couldn't you get a nut that fitted that end bit of the thread there, which would therefore tighten your wheel on, and then just run a mech from your mech hanger on your frame?