Viz Parts...

Skeedy

Hey, I was wondering about the quality of the viz rear rims and the rear hub. If anyone here has tried them or owns them, if they could comment that would be great. Also, the cost, I was wondering about how much they cost, but since I don't know pounds or anything, could you also put the cost of an Alexrim DX32 and XT hub so i can compare?

Thanks,

Steve the Canadian

Edited by Skeedy

Overall I would have said they were fine, however I was a bit disapointed with my viz rim that I purchased.

Its 40mm wide in some areas and 39mm in others (it isnt even on the seam where the rim joins together), which is pretty bad considering I run a rim brake and chose to not have a disk hub to save a few grammes- it means I cant modulate my front brake much at all, or set it up too close to the rim as it may rub on certain areas and not in others. If Id know this I would have just got a disk setup atleast, its probably what ill end up doing in the end.

Overall I would have said they were fine, however I was a bit disapointed with my viz rim that I purchased.

Its 40mm wide in some areas and 39mm in others (it isnt even on the seam where the rim joins together), which is pretty bad considering I run a rim brake and chose to not have a disk hub to save a few grammes- it means I cant modulate my front brake much at all, or set it up too close to the rim as it may rub on certain areas and not in others. If Id know this I would have just got a disk setup atleast, its probably what ill end up doing in the end.

Your rim might be a factory de-fault? you wont know intill you have checked every single V!Z rim out there to see if they are all the same?

Anyways, i think that if they perform as good as they look, they will be sweet as feck!!!

But IMO the headsets looks gash, they all multi coloured!! but, like everything else with me, i will probably grow to like them :angry:

Anyways, i think that if they perform as good as they look, they will be sweet as feck!!!

Just cos you like Green (Y)

All the Viz rims I've built so far have been the same as yours Scott - it may be worth you taking an adjustable spanner to the offending area and bending it true? (Like you would with a dent). Just an idea! :angry:

Your rim might be a factory de-fault? you wont know intill you have checked every single V!Z rim out there to see if they are all the same?

But IMO the headsets looks gash, they all multi coloured!! but, like everything else with me, i will probably grow to like them ;)

The headset's dosnt come multicolored. They come in a single colour :angry:

headset2.jpg

(Y)

aluminium axles= minus....

make sure you get the steel axle  :angry:"

adam

Ah! You beat me to it.

Yea i bought a fixed rear hub and the alxe (silver) was apparently alu. I bent it in about 2 weeks and sent it back to danko for him to replace it with a steel one (black).

Bearings feel good though, good quality.

Steve

p.s. I hate their new slogan 'the colourful world of viz' the headsets look utter wank!

I'm not a fan of viz personnaly. From what I've seen and heard a lot of people dont, some do though.

I'm not sure about the hex-holes on the rims, surely the corners on the hexs' just create weak points.

Seem's to me that they're too caught up in making things that look good e.g. colourful.

And if anyone was in pompy on Sunday and was nice and early in the square (guildhall) they may have noticed a little blue and black bmx type thing riding around, and to quote Spacemonkey

''It looks like that bike has bee thrown up on by Viz''.

I thought that this quote pretty much sumed it up.

However, my opinion probably wont count as I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who dont have a problem with Viz.

The only V!Z things I have used are the Grips and Pads. I wasn't impressed at all! The grips weren't bad but the pads came out of the backings and just didn't want to work properly! (Y)

Another thing that has made me not buy V!Z parts is the SHIT customer service. I ordered some pads from Dan around 3 weeks before Christmas and a month or so after I still hadn't had them. When I bought some cranks from Dan (Second Hand) they were shagged. I asked Dan for my money back and he said that he couldn't give it back because what I bought was second hand! :D

So over all I would just stay away from V!Z altogether

Oh, and the new slogan= :P :( :P :lol:

I suppose if you wanted your bike to look like something out of a kids t.v show you could run lots of different coloured parts, but there's no doubt you'll soon regret it and probably commit suicide due to the torturous verbal abuse all your mates give you for having such a queer bike with parts that have the same title as a dodgy magazine.

alright, I thought about it and realized that since i ride street and do alot of sketchy spinning, a drilled rim wouldnt be the best bet for me..... Ive bent up my dx32 prety badly. So I'm thinking that I'll just get a surly single speed hub with another dx32 and a much lighter tire than I am running now. Thanks for the imput though!