Hs33 Problem

emery

On my rear brake my pads are really far away but i can't get them closer. The twiddle thing to make the pads go closer work on the front but on the rear they don't. Is it a bleeding problem or just broke . :rolleyes:

thanks toby  :D

Right.

First things first - your TPA is broken on your lever. That's the red knobby bit. The thread will have sheared.

Go to the FAQ in Trials Chat, and look at the thread there about fixing Magura TPAs. It's a common thing, so don't worry too much about it.

Secondly, you can "overfill" your Magura. To do this, bleed it as usual, BUT what you do is - keeping a full syringe attached by the slave cylinder and the end of the outlet hose by the lever submerged in a pot of your chosen fluid, pull the pads gently out by hand, so they pull the pistons out too. You don't want the pads off, just pull them a bit so there's a gap between the back of the pads and the main cylinder. If you get some card or a pair of screwdrivers, you can push them in the gap to hold them open. Then, do the final syringefull.

This means you have more fluid in the system, so it means the pads start off further away from the cylinders, which makes them start closer to the rim :-

That should sort you. If not, get some thicker pads, such as Heatsink Konigs/Honigs/whatever they're calleds from www.heatsinkbikes.com.