Quiting Through The Winter?

Clarky

will you be having a rest through the winter or just riding!  

82 members have voted

1. 1. will you be having a rest through the winter or just riding!

• yes i wil be riding almost every day.
    • on and off.
    • no it's to cold.

I prefer winter riding, there's no-one on the prom, no flowers to kill on the rock garden thigys and I dont get as hot. I drip with sweat after about 15 minutes in the summer :lol: . The only bad thing about winter is the bloody wind :-

ditto for me. You've saved my typingness (Y)

i ride with control and the rest of the people i ride with just go crazy so in the wet and winter months im streets ahead riding as they just use sheer force to get anywhere!! :(

Same situation as me, other riders i know ride with sketchy styles and use brute strength to get up things where as i concentrate on technique to get me up. So in winter if theres a wet wall or rail they are going to fall off while i take my time and nail it!

I love riding in the winter, so much more fun. When i get hot i get fed up of riding, whereas when its not warm its a good time to ride. I love it because not many people are out on the sreets, so that line you always wanted to do, but there was always someone there is totally clear.

only problem is the ice cold wind :(

Cheers

Tom

the majority of people quit or dont ride as much in the winter, i dont really mind, ill be out everynight just as normal, think about it its the oppertunity to improve just as much as in the summer but loads of people arent, so your bettering yourself just as much as in the summer, people will probably say you should ride for fun but IMO the better you are the more fun it is

winter riding is so much fun, if you can't bee f**ked with proper riding in the middle of winter - just wait till it snows and is icy, its awesome :ermm: flat out towards a snow drift.

I think i ride better in the winter too :) and last winter i thought it was the best time to stop wearing gloves. WTF!!!

shipley glen on a cold winter morning can only be beaten by glen on a warm summers evening :(

anyhow it ain't winter yet

Lol. Stop looking down at things. Stop with that Emo crap and listen to some ska and punk. That'll make you want to ride. :D :'("

Oh so very true, gets you up off the ground, and starts the bady moving.

cant be bad.

but i will be riding most possible minutes through winter, apart from when im just plain too tired/working.

*gets out the waterproofs

It makes riding that little more interesting :'(

But it can really piss you off if you wanna ride and its crap weather.

Plus it takes forever to warm up and stay warm, and your fingers freeze.

I think when it starts to get bad, ill just ride weekends, and the odd night, rather than everyother day.

yes, thats true, but your a f**king nutter lol. one crazy mofo.

and u will be trying wet rails with your massive wheelswaps.

crazy boy

arr noticed i am partial to the odd wheel swap here and there, have you..

:">

first few days of november will probably be the last trials i ride until march time.. i take bmxing up during the winter, can't be assed to ride in the snow.

i will be making another snow video for sure though...

riding alone is boring enough, add about -10 degrees and a bit of snow and there you are...