Best Pedals

MrMonkey

All the double cage pedals (onza, vp, planet X) i seem to strip the threads or snap the middle bit. I think they are pretty weak. But on the other hand they're light and give nice grip so i'm still using them after going through 2 pairs in less than 6months.

Just don't land on them too much and they're sweet (Y)

Neil

Dont go for vp pedals as although they are dirt cheap they fall to pieces at the sight of any abuse whatsoever. I would go for v8's which are £20 or £25, depending on where you get them from. I have had mine for nearly a year and havent got any gripes with them at all, they are light, strong and have good grip. Come in good colours too. The shindigs are good for the price range too. Its your choice mate.

Edited by scunnytrials

All the double cage pedals (onza, vp, planet X) i seem to strip the threads or snap the middle bit. I think they are pretty weak. But on the other hand they're light and give nice grip so i'm still using them after going through 2 pairs in less than 6months.

Just don't land on them too much and they're sweet (Y)

Neil

Undo the cage bolts.

Take the outer cage off.

Break the spacers off the inner cage (they tend to get lodged on).

Put the bolt so it goes through the outer cage, then slip the spacers on where it'd usually go.

Do up without putting the inner cage on.

More thread in the threaded holes = less chance of it slipping out.

Less surface area of pedal = more grip.

Everyone's happy :)