Another Deng Special?

andyroo

:lol: that looks like a long 20"!!

I'm getting anoyed with Deng what he's doing is gona destroy the sport :D

thisll be an interesting convo..... :-

well actions speak louder then words... dont like what hes doin.. dont buy his products!!

im with you though... it will kill the sport!

let the arguments begin... (Y)

Well Deng has obviously got great fanatical backing now as he's knocking out so much new stuff so quickly it's scary. The thing is though say you buy a brand new bike that’s the best thing out in less than a month it seems to be old hat and there's a new kid on the block (Y)

The stupid thing is it's not like it's a few companies trying to out do each other it's just Deng knocking out frame after frame.

I do agree that it's good for the development of the sport in a technical sense but I feel that people will start to get frustrated by this constant supply of new product that don't seem to have any gain over the last they just look different. :lol:

Anyway that’s my view on the whole situation :- don't hurt me for having an opinion!

ye how the hell is it going to destroy the sport. its going to push the boundries of better value frames if anything, thus making it cheaper so more people can do it. i dont think thats a bad thing?

But no prices are not going down :D I remember when the frame price benchmark was roughly £350 now it seems that there reaching £400 and up only £50 in know but with manufacturaing methods bening so good now i'm sure they could afford to set the price a little lower, It's not like the develpment cost are high! They'er all designed on PC and then I bet noly a few prototypes are made before they are put into full production.

Well Deng has obviously got great fanatical backing now as he's knocking out so much new stuff so quickly it's scary. The thing is though say you buy a brand new bike that's the best thing out in less than a month it seems to be old hat and there's a new kid on the block (Y)

...and? A bike that rides well will still ride well even if tehy put a new frame out, won't it? It's not like you buy your frame, Deng makes a different model and the stays on your's triple in length? If you like the feel of it, so what if he puts something new out?

I do agree that it's good for the development of the sport in a technical sense but I feel that people will start to get frustrated by this constant supply of new product that don't seem to have any gain over the last they just look different. :lol:

Why would people be frustrated though? They're not being forced to buy anything? All these stock frames coming out don't "Frustrate" me because I'm a mod rider? The fact of the matter is is that geometry is being refined and frames ARE becoming better, and it's just a cumulative effect. If there was no technological push, frame and component designs would just stagnate, and we'd end up riding inferior products simply because no-one was trying to better their own designs. It's only a good thing ('cept the markup :D), really...

Oh, and regarding the original pic: Andyroo, you might want to leave even *some* tyre clearance in there :- The yoke/cross-over plate on the chain and seat-stays are pretty much in line with the top of the Magura bosses, so there's no way it'd work out properly like that :P

kinda a randomish post but anyway,

i like new trials specific parts, any parts designed to take the abuse of trials is good by me, especially for stock riders, cheaper trials specific rims and hubs rather than top of the range xc stuff has got to be a good thing.

however, i don't like the way everything is all coloured and polished up. there's no variety and it's all to 'pretty' looking for me. I like to see a rider riding a bike thats clearly got their stamp on it, somthing that they have built up to suite their riding and taste, not some generic full build. Nearly all trials riders have unique techniques and styles, and i like that to be reflected in their bikes.

Sure, trials bikes are nice looking things, but they are made to be riden, not looked at. Why have coloured cranks when they are just gonna get pummeled by the average rider? why have fully andonised rims when they are gonna get grinded?

I think it looks tacky, and makes trials look like childish.

no offence to people who ride those parts, thats your choice and possibly your taste and i respect that at the moment, but with a massive increase in parts that all look identicle, alot more people with have the same bikes just becasue they are easy to aquire. Part of the fun for me is seeing people bikes and various setups, if everyone rides the same bike, it's just gonna be really dull.

lol i don't know what i'm trying to say anymore,

I just get the feeling everyone is gonna have the same or very similar frame, silver, polished with a loads of andonised bits stuck on it just becasue they can. Not because they bought it all to suite them.

newbies will jump into the sport on a full build control or team and not develope a style of their own.

I started with a peice of shit t-pro 03 and gradually bought bits that broke. I bought parts for function over form and painted my frame and forks to my own taste. Every part i own is on my bike because it helps my riding, not becasue it looks good (except for the dustcaps :D ). I'd just hate trials to become a sport practised with mass produced generic bikes and riders to adapt to the setups, rather than adapt the setups to their riding.

The colour's i guess are irrevilant, and i have no real reason to hate it, but i just see them as tacky and pointless.

lol i don't know what i'm trying to say anymore,

I just get the feeling everyone is gonna have the same or very similar frame, silver, polished with a loads of andonised bits stuck on it just becasue they can. Not because they bought it all to suite them.

But if the best parts for their style of riding are made by, say, Koxx, then they're going to be buying Koxx parts. At least now with the different colours available they can still get some kind of colour scheme on the go to make their bike their own, as opposed to all having the same colour parts?

I started with a peice of shit t-pro 03 and gradually bought bits that broke. I bought parts for function over form and painted my frame and forks to my own taste. Every part i own is on my bike because it helps my riding, not becasue it looks good (except for the dustcaps :D ).

I don't think there are that many people that will be an inferior product just to have the colour on their bike? I've never, ever heard of that happening, ever.

You decided to paint your frame because the way it looked is important to you. I, on the other hand, don't really give much of a shit what colour my frame is as I'd prefer to ride than be painting/waiting for it to dry/painting it again. It's all down to the rider, isn't it?

Oh, and regarding the original pic: Andyroo, you might want to leave even *some* tyre clearance in there :D The yoke/cross-over plate on the chain and seat-stays are pretty much in line with the top of the Magura bosses, so there's no way it'd work out properly like that (Y)

I was hoping noone would notice :lol:

I had you all fooled mwa ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Anywho... noone gets frustrated when VW says its launching yet a another model, or when ford say they are updating a current model, so why should more frames be a bad thing?