Whos In My Boat

Davetrials

Got 2 jobs, gonna ditch one in favour of another, so I end up doing 4 9-5's, then my 9:30-5:30 bikeshop shift. I work as a shelf-stacker 10 hours a week at the moment too, so I'm only on 18 hours a week. Wanna boost that up to like 37-ish or so.

Anyhoo, having trouble finding stuff, plus it started raining just as I was about to go for a ride 2 hours ago, and hasn't stopped since. Bored, bored, bored.

Got 2 jobs, gonna ditch one in favour of another, so I end up doing 4 9-5's, then my 9:30-5:30 bikeshop shift. I work as a shelf-stacker 10 hours a week at the moment too, so I'm only on 18 hours a week. Wanna boost that up to like 37-ish or so.

Anyhoo, having trouble finding stuff, plus it started raining just as I was about to go for a ride 2 hours ago, and hasn't stopped since. Bored, bored, bored.

Go check out your local conexxions. I found my job in there and im sorted for life now! :huh:

Go check out your local conexxions. I found my job in there and im sorted for life now! :huh:

ive had slightly different experience with them.

went in, got refferred to about 30 people, got a little sheet of paper with a few jobs going on it (none interested me)

3 months later (after id found a job) they rang me up saying "need any additional help?"

i wasnt too polite, but you can see why.

still getting the odd phone call (3-6monthly) after asking to be removed from the list ages ago.

rant over.

but ive got a job (and its hell) im a posty at the moment, just a bit tiring 5 days a week.

part time is the way(Y)

Connexxions? Local? Ha, ha, ha. This is Mid Wales, Andy :huh: Farmers still talk in awe about horseless carriages around here.

Cars? lol

ive had slightly different experience with them.

went in, got refferred to about 30 people, got a little sheet of paper with a few jobs going on it (none interested me)

3 months later (after id found a job) they rang me up saying "need any additional help?"

i wasnt too polite, but you can see why.

still getting the odd phone call (3-6monthly) after asking to be removed from the list ages ago.

rant over.

but ive got a job (and its hell) im a posty at the moment, just a bit tiring 5 days a week.

part time is the way(Y)

dont u start at like 5 and finsh at 10 or sumthing, sounds alright to me, rest of the day free.

dont u start at like 5 and finsh at 10 or sumthing, sounds alright to me, rest of the day free.

There you go Dave, be a postman! Theres quite a shortage of posties too, and you might get quite decent pay...

I know a really rich guy who one ditched being a Managing Director of a large firm and became a posty and hes loving it :huh:

As for Connexxions, the staff are all as clever as tadpoles, look on the walls and on the system yourself and contact the companies yourself, have as little to do with the staff as you possibly can :P

Yeah, I was looking for a postie job too. Found quite a few near Soton, where I was hoping to move.

But that's all changed now anyway, the moving part :huh:

Haha, I'm moving and your not! :P

Posty does sound quite cool, MP3 player and some comfortable trainers and your all set!

Haha, anybody else in my boat?

Ive been job hunting for the past few days, so im having a rest, and im bored

Dont go college i just work, so atm im on the big long road to being a bum.

im in your boat dave.... only left school this year... i was a bum even before i left... lets get together and have a cry haha... but nah... i got used to it :huh:

Being a Postie is hardly a career though :huh:

No shit? However, it does bring in money, which allows you to afford to:

pay bills

pay rent

buy food/drink

buy bike stuff

Which is pretty much what I want. It's just for a year anyway 'til I decide if I actually want to go to uni at all.

I have been a bum for the last 7 years although I started my first ever job a month or two back, working at my lbs, dont get payed for it though :huh:

I did go to collage for 3 years, so I have a few qualifications.

I have never though about what I wanna do in the future, I cant imagian any job that I would enjoy doing and I aint about to go and move house any time ever!

roll on lottery win!!

I'm on the 2 job thing aswell, working out quite nicely for myself, both working with bikes aswell.

Halford's is pretty wank though, but it earn's money, also work at marshalls cycle's, wicked bike shop, we are one of the biggest dealers or specialized in the country! aswell as stocking other bikes like marin and klien, and we can order in loads of stuff like santa cruz, cove, rocky mountain, giant etc. There is always bikes in there worth a heap of money, its great.