Overcoming Your Fear

lankyri

i had a great session ay my local trading estate last night and i overcome my fear of drops, this may sound stupid but im 6.5ft and scared of heights specially when im on the back wheel but last night i did my biggest drop of 6ft so i can say that my fear of heights has reduced in amount

whats your fear in trials

My fear is the same as yours(dropping)

expecially when rocks or other things are beneeth

and I'm also always scared that my rear brake won't hold

and so I will fall on my back

And also like snappel not being able to do what done erlier

but I'm working on it to overcome it

greets

Edited by san

i used to scare myself a lot in trials, but then I realised that fear was actually the thing that made me fall - if you're tense and 'in a zone' you cant calculate what you're doing and even worse you cant remember doing it so you cant learn - thats how its worked for me anyway.

Now when I ride I can remember everything i do and its always calculated, even with big drops just try forgeting about the drop and concentrating on technique - when you know you have the technique the fear dissapears.........

Cheers, ian

I dont mind drops at all really, the only problem with them is I worry whether i'm going to snap my frame or not lol my only fear is gapping to rails because I have had some painful experiences falling off rails and i worry about the fact i might miss the landing nd twat myself in again lol :sleeping:

ToM

Well mate if i got one it's doing the job beings i've a kid eh.... but for ref, ''checks'' i've two balls, mate all firmly there!

Think thats one point back to me!

Oh and if Hitler only had one ball he still was able to rule pretty much and for a long time and creat hell!

Rick im very proud of you but slightly pissed only thing i could out do you was dropping, :sleeping: was the skipp bigger? well done mate have to go out riding well soon, tonight or morra bell us

mike skip is 6.3 ft lol. everybody ride tonight.

mine has got ot be the risk of hurting myself in general

After faceplanting quite a few times while tapping i would say front wheel moves in general make me poo my pantalons. I'm scared of everything now though, after completely rincing my knee and not being able to ride for the last 3 months I'm on the verge of quitting :sleeping:

After faceplanting quite a few times while tapping i would say front wheel moves in general make me poo my pantalons. I'm scared of everything now though, after completely rincing my knee and not being able to ride for the last 3 months I'm on the verge of quitting :sleeping:

Dont quit! you know you'll just miss it :(

well simp considering i hate drops and i done 6ft last night i had to prove someone wrong (me) that i can do them but its a choice and i must say its thnaks to simp that i did start doing higher drops on friday in chalkwell now next fear is rail gaps :sleeping:

well simp considering i hate drops and i done 6ft last night i had to prove someone wrong (me) that i can do them but its a choice and i must say its thnaks to simp that i did start doing higher drops on friday in chalkwell now next fear is rail gaps :sleeping:

Only because i was throwing myslef off 5 foot walls sideways and jee'ing you on lol

Margaret Thatcher had no balls at all.

Yeah she does and we all know it.

I wouldn't say i'm scared of anything really, it's just lack of confidence. Like then your about to do a drop and you just can't, it's not becuase your scared, it's just your brain saying to your body. "You not dropping off that on your bike, quick pull back." So, no i wouldn't really call it fear.