Forks For Tapping

HarshRider

I would say Smart guys from onza. £90 I think so not the cheapest and I think they are 405mm long so they are not the longest but they are fecking strong. Really thick steerer and its threaded so you can just screw the top cap into the forks.

I have snapped a fair few forks and these are good so far and very stiff. Plus I think they come with a really good warranty.

I wouldnt say smart guys are strong, I have seen wayy too many snapped pairs for my liking.

I also dont reccomend fattys, mine have a crack in but I do treat my front end quite harsh.

My top choices are

Echos (which ever you fancy)

bt

pashleys

had my fattys for 3 years. ran a 165mm louise on the front a while back, and then a 203mm avid disc. the beasty just ripped the bottom o the fork leg off after bout 12months. only just started riding my new ones (cudn't help maself (Y) ) so we'll see whether it was just the mega brake or years of abuse. if u want lightweight performance, i reckon the fattys r well up there. i'd say they'd be fine with a 185mm disc or smaller. even better if u run rim breaks!!

smithy

I wouldnt say smart guys are strong, I have seen wayy too many snapped pairs for my liking.

I also dont reccomend fattys, mine have a crack in but I do treat my front end quite harsh.

My top choices are

Echos (which ever you fancy)

bt

pashleys

Agreed. Although I would recommend Echos over Pashleys, my Urbans have lasted a lot longer. And they have taken a lot of harsh taps and hooks. Definately go for U6 forks (Y)

nooo you may as well get BT as tehy have a stronger steerer.

And they are uber high, a little too high for most bikes.

Magura/v-mount forks> Echo urbans, Echo controls, Kot forks?

Disk only> Zoo! Forks!!!!!

All about the same height. The higher to forks, the quicker the front end is gona come up, but it can f**k up your bb height, messing up everything else.

Dont get Onza smart guys, Koxx, old Zoo forks, Base/fatty r forks...as they tend to snap a bit, here and there