My Skl Project Website

cookie456_the2nd

Right guys, just wondering what you think of my lil site for my school project/for my bro.

Any ideas/recommendations would be appreciated.

Lockdown Entertainment

Cheers guys.

Edit: Its uploaded to my ISP webspace, dont know how quick it is really..

Edited by cookie456_the2nd

The first thing i noticed, before anything else was the picture loading. I knew instantly what you had done, and low and behold, you've simply upload a 1600x1200 picture, then changed the width in the img attribute in the HTML.

Don't ever do this, ever.

You will still have to load the 1600x1200 picture, full size. This not only takes ages, it wastes bandwidth that needed not to be wasted.

As for the rest of the site, it's not bad, but could be better. The navigation is horrible, atleast change the colours of the different states. The banner also looks very, well, cheap.

Nice try though, a lot better then most could do. :blink:

Whoops, my bad, wouldnt have the problem with the images loading if id uploaded what i sorted earlier. My teacher said about that. I changed it all but never uploaded what i changed.

As for not being able to get on the site, Try this link.

Im not hosting it, (using webspace that i get with my isp) i just used no-ip.com to redirect to that.

"Thanks for visiting Lockdown Entertainment, the home of the best Sound and lighting in the South East. Whether you your planning a simple party or wedding, we can handle it.

Giving an good solid service since 2000, we have been giving a service that is fast and reliable

But Why Choose us?.

1. Prices are fixed/based on your own individual requirements.

2 . We ask you to choose the records styles in advance for your function.

3 . If we’re late, you don’t pay the full balance.

4 . Your booking is given in writing to you soon after your first contact with us."

This stuff brings out the English teacher in me.

Anywho, the bold bits and bobs are spelling/grammatical errors that you might wanna check out.

Also, "Giving an good solid service since 2000, we have been giving a service that is fast and reliable" is a very wordy way of saying it, and you repeat yourself.

Other than that, looks ok from a non- 'oh my god you got the HTML wrong you silly crustacean... gosh, idiot!' person's perspective.

The first thing i noticed, before anything else was the picture loading. I knew instantly what you had done, and low and behold, you've simply upload a 1600x1200 picture, then changed the width in the img attribute in the HTML.

Don't ever do this, ever.

You will still have to load the 1600x1200 picture, full size. This not only takes ages, it wastes bandwidth that needed not to be wasted.

As for the rest of the site, it's not bad, but could be better. The navigation is horrible, atleast change the colours of the different states. The banner also looks very, well, cheap.

Nice try though, a lot better then most could do. :ermm:

Same as Simon said.

to be honest the design isn't very good at all. Graphics look cheesy and unprofessional. Titles per page don't align up and the links are just standard links. Try making them a certain font / colour / rollover colour or such. Thats what makes good sites.

I wouldn't hire you got my 2 year old little sister's birthday party if you cost £10, going on the state of that site.

Gimme a shout if you want a 'proper' one doing or something. In a non mean way :-

Nick

We provide the perfect DJ for your private party, club or pub. With a range of professional DJs we guarantee your night will go smoothly.

All of our DJs carry a wide selection of music, use proffesional audio equipment with reliable and effective lighting displays to suit you needs.

All of our prices are based on your individuals needs, so you will have to visit our Booking Us page for your individual quote, but we guarantee you wont be dispointed.

I'm disappointed that you can't spell disappointed, and not professional enough to spell professional correctly :ermm: