Whats Up With Ashton?

Zoo_Monkey

yeah i like the bikes but the dont seem to be too strong. as for ashton himself i think he is a pioneer of the sport. he has brought it on so far. i remember in around 1995 a program was on channel 4 watching aston and hawyes at a competition. if it was nt for the program and martyn ashton i wouldnt be doin trials myself.

although i have not riddin the bike i have ashton forks (red ones) and i think they are quality

ashton though i think he needs to bring out a video or something ok mbuk has stuff of him but i would like to see a couple of street vids like the cls or tunni vids (not bi-king tricks and stunts) because i have seen them

He had some serious talent lined up for a while, (edd tongue, danny holroyd, chris akrigg, kurt brain etc) and not one video, i heard there was a dvd in the making but surely they could have found the time to make a couple for TF, Their sales would probably have gone up as a result. MAdness

Pete

i remember in around 1995 a program was on channel 4 watching aston and hawyes at a competition. if it was nt for the program and martyn ashton i wouldnt be doin trials myself.

That wasnt when they did YOU BET was it? I saw that back when i 1st started riding mtb's and that inspired me to ride trials!

I also remember the 1st magazine shoot ashton n hawyes did. They had day-glo clothes on n were doing sidehops of around 43" that at the time were a record height!

Ashton, and to a lesser extent hawyes, were the 1st in this country to push bike trials into the public domain and are the fathers of the sport in this country!!

Imo, ashton is probably doing less and less as a result of injury and age. I doubt his body copes to well with riding day in, day out any more. Last i saw him he had knee supports on during a demo.