V's On A Mod

joshywa

thought about it but i aint sure about it??? i dont like the idea of sticking acid(potasium chloride i think) all over what could afectiveley be stoping me dying when i land e.g. brake pop on a gap and i fall back into something head first :S

i only run a rear ultimate ben :P

righty, i run an avid ultimate rear v with plaz crv pads on an oddyssey linear slick cable linked up to a xt lever house with an xtr blade-phew what a mouthful :P

my rim is an alex 19 with a nice light grind(no need for anyhtign harsh imo)

the brake is somewhat immense and pisses over everything i have owned/tried except my front avid juicy disc which again is inf**kingcredible, i also run the same setup on my stock but with an ultimate lever and a ground d521, which again is feckin good, and a front v rather than a disc

if you cant afford to go and spend all that money on ultimates (the best v brakes available) id recomend an avid sd7 on at least an xt or xtr leverwith linear slick cable and crv pads

dont buy xt/xtr callipers or avid arch rivals, they are wank cos the linkages cause lots of problems

deores vs are also a fine budget alternative :) but i did have 1 set fall apart on me:( but i think it was a manufacturing fault

heatsinks v pads are only good on smooth rims or as front pads, i found mine appauling on the rear :(

linear slicks are the best cables, nokons are also very good but bloody expensive and ive found they arent necessary, just remember to lube the cable on the linear slick as they are a bit sticky as standard (Y)

need any more help, then add me to msn-address in my profile :)

thought about it but i aint sure about it??? i dont like the idea of sticking acid(potasium chloride i think) all over what could afectiveley be stoping me dying when i land e.g. brake pop on a gap and i fall back into something head first (Y)

If you use nitromors properly, it's fine? I've seen countless people use it before. It's made to strip paint. You want to strip paint.

Simple as that?

Anyway, I used to run SD5 arms/SD7 levers on my T-Pro and it felt OK. Waaaay prefer the feel and ease of use of Maguras though...

hey

decided to strip my maggie now (i trust onza boy marks comment about loads of people doing it) and there would be post's about maggy's failing if it did

plus i got a cnc lever for it today so maggy it is !!!

thanks anyway (Y)

plus could someone put up a topic or link to a guide on how to nitromors a maggura