Toxsin Mod Development

merseytrial

bash guard  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a toxsin mod without bash guard?

• yes!
    • no!

theres a rule in the BIU worlds thingy that states all mod's must have a bashguard to enter ^_^ (thats why that travis lad could'nt enter) so it would make more sense to put as bashguard on it, have a little light one like the xtp so its still more uci oriented

having front freewheel cranks, (that you dont need a bash to go on) i dont think you can get a bash for the cranks, that dont effect the positioning of the freewheel... if you have cranks that isnt meant for a bash, then the bash is gonna take some threads up, making the freewheel not able to screw right onto the cranks.... making it abit iffy!! lol

having front freewheel cranks, (that you dont need a bash to go on) i dont think you can get a bash for the cranks, that dont effect the positioning of the freewheel... if you have cranks that isnt meant for a bash, then the bash is gonna take some threads up, making the freewheel not able to screw right onto the cranks.... making it abit iffy!! lol

Erm, Tensiles with the UCI ring are fine, I believe the Echo and ZOO! ones are too, and maybe the Bonz'z'z'z'z'z''s's's's's? So there's no real problem with using a bashring on a mod :P

Tensile UCI Bashring

Description:

- 5mm thick super-lightweight splined bashring to fit Tensile UCI cranks.

- Also fits Standard Tensile cranks, Echo, ZOO, Monty and Try-All cranks (when used with a fixed sprocket). Use with a freewheel is not recommended, since the bashring takes up a few threads, meaning the freewheel doesn't then screw on fully.

"quote from tartybikes"

I told you, it isnt reconmended on the standard tensile cranks with a freewheel.

Im not going to buy one of these frames with it having a bash, no way am i paying for the frame, then having to buy a bash on top of that! then sacrificing doing bigger stuff cause im scared im gonna fook the bottom of my spanking new frame up...

same as why im not buying a python...

I told you, it isnt reconmended on the standard tensile cranks with a freewheel.

The Tensiles have a recess on the cranks so you can run them, so on the "UCI" Tensiles, it's fine.

Oh, and in the same way you were totally f**king wrong about longer cranks, when I was testing the T-Bone without a bash I didn't end up "sacrificing doing bigger stuff cause im scared im gonna fook the bottom of my spanking new frame up...", and Olly didn't either. Neither does CLS with his Python, or any stock riders...

The Tensiles have a recess on the cranks so you can run them, so on the "UCI" Tensiles, it's fine.

Oh, and in the same way you were totally f**king wrong about longer cranks, when I was testing the T-Bone without a bash I didn't end up "sacrificing doing bigger stuff cause im scared im gonna fook the bottom of my spanking new frame up...", and Olly didn't either. Neither does CLS with his Python, or any stock riders...

(Y)

No bash, less problems (Y)

Thanks for the advice and help (Y) The votes are so close!! So ye (Y) I agree with you guys that the best solution is to have them avalible with and without the bashy.

keep your hats on for a bit longer. The MOD in the photo will almost be ready for showing now :S

Adam

• 1 month later...

There's those two pics plus one more in NMC. Bit disappointing after the ridiculous amount of hype generated around it. Ah well.

Made some more comments about it too, but can't be arsed retyping. They're in the "Toxsin mod 20"" thread in NMC.

looks like a weeny stock.

i like the bashguard arrangement - you could probably get away with plastic side bits on that design as well - which would make it cheap to replace and reduce the shock going into the mounts.

on the bashguard vs no-bashguard argument.

why dont they just build a mod with bash mounts that dont poke out very far ? its not like theres an international standard for bashmount fittings to worry about (probably ?)

EDIT:

they are plastic arent they.... dong

Edited by poopipe

Simple really put in the mount if you dont want it dont buy a bash for it if you do you pay £15 for the bash and bolts suits all really

and as for all the hype not what i would call "revolutionaly" in terms of apperance might ride well though (Y)