Riding In The Wet/rain

lankyri

as i ride with tar i try and avoid the horrible wet rain but i was out the other day and it just started to piss it down i found cover and waited till it past when it stopped i kept on riding the soaking wet crates and the control was so much better i mean in the dry it was fine, but in the wet i found it you take more time and i loved it

go out in the rain you will love it lol

NO! its horible, cause if you fall off it hurts and you get soaking wet at the same time! bad move. (Y)

Thats why you learn to not fall off....

if you practise enough in the wet, you would hardly every fall off, look at some vids that benito is in, he rides cottel reals in the rain, and doesnt fall off.... doesnt even slip... its just practise!

Thats why you learn to not fall off....

if you practise enough in the wet, you would hardly every fall off, look at some vids that benito is in, he rides cottel reals in the rain, and doesnt fall off.... doesnt even slip... its just practise!

but the thing is is that I dont fall off.....anymore-because I dont ride in the stupid rain.its just pointless riding in the rain because your brakes dont work as well as they do in the dry, and you also cant do as bigger moves as you would in the dry because you get more grip.

WET=BAD-apart from girls

(Y)

DRY=GOOD (Y)

I have been riding in the wet today and it isnt that bad, still pulled off some big gaps and suchlike. If you have a decent set of tyres and brake pads it shouldnt be too much of a problem. I did get a bit muddy though. (Y)

Heres a gap I did today anyway when it was wet, it was around 7ft;

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....showtopic=64306

If Im in the mood I enjoy riding in the wet, I think it makes riding more interesting in a way as you have to really think about what you are doing and how to change you riding to ensure you get grip with your tyres, also the fact your brakes are shite is another factor to consider, I like it...BUT I dont like going out in the rain when Im not walmed up...That SUX...If Im out and riding and it starts to rain then Im ok......If you understand.....I develop new techniques to ride in the rain, using your cranks to hold the bike by applying pressure to the pedal rather than your brake holding you

i kid you boys not...............

i go home from work tonight and was DESTINED!!!! for a ride out on the 26" bike as i havent really ridden i that well since coming bak form london and riding the 20" bike. it was pissing it down and i came home all up for a ride, had my tea went upstairs and thort to myself...........

Why should i get piss wet through?????? and weigh 2 times as much when i come home????

so i got changed into a pair of shorts and a tee shirt and i had my try all rain coat on, a pair of socks and my try all boots.................and my mum and dad said i was an idiot. i said i was quite clever actually. as i wasnt going out in the pissing down rain for my jeans or track suit bottoms to get wet and ehavy with rain and then to trestrict me being able to tap and sidehop the local walls.

try it sometime its much better to go out in less when its raining and it sure makes you look a god dam nut case when your riding down the road past loads a fit chicks with umberellas out and im there in me shorts "morning ladies, nice weather for a BBQ eh?"

Waynio........................

i kid you boys not...............

i go home from work tonight and was DESTINED!!!! for a ride out on the 26" bike as i havent really ridden i that well since coming bak form london and riding the 20" bike. it was pissing it down and i came home all up for a ride, had my tea went upstairs and thort to myself...........

Why should i get piss wet through?????? and weigh 2 times as much when i come home????

so i got changed into a pair of shorts and a tee shirt and i had my try all rain coat on, a pair of socks and my try all boots.................and my mum and dad said i was an idiot. i said i was quite clever actually. as i wasnt going out in the pissing down rain for my jeans or track suit bottoms to get wet and ehavy with rain and then to trestrict me being able to tap and sidehop the local walls.

try it sometime its much better to go out in less when its raining and it sure makes you look a god dam nut case when your riding down the road past loads a fit chicks with umberellas out and im there in me shorts "morning ladies, nice weather for a BBQ eh?"

Waynio........................

Whats the deal wid the frame then? What you think I should go for? Ready the post on bike for leech/usa style street u were posting on last night

ANY DJS OUT THERE NEED A STAND FOR THEIR GEAR IVE GOT JUST HE PLACE, CHECK OUT MY EBAY LISTINGS, EMAIL ANY QUESTIONS

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZblackcapjdmQQhtZ-1

Edited by FLATOUTSTYLE

I have never realyy riden in the rain and i really dont want to, however i have ridden in the wet and it isnt all bad, e.g. i rode the other day and it was wet so i learned to backwheel thin and managed to backwheel 1.5 ft quite quickly, instead of doing the drops i would in the rain.

sam

i love riding in the rain or after its just finshed raining, the skill level is much more, and you have basicly no brakes :D so its all technique. But you cant do every fing in the wet you can do in the dry some things become to dangerious!

but yer you should try it but BE CAREFUL WEAR A HELMET,

wilky

(Y)

If its pissing it down, i wont go out, at least not on my trials bike- il go ride muddy XC/ a little freeride(now that is good fun!). but if its just drizling, its ok, and also if it starts raining when im out then thats cool too- i wont go off home just cause its raining- may shelter if its really bad then go riding again when its stopped raining but wet.

im like a little kid when it comes to the rain...i think if im wet i should get really wet and just hop or land in every puddle i cee you guys should try it

i was a bit should i?...shoulnt i? at first but when i did it was great

and if its raining tomorow im goin out on my unincycle!

that should be fun!!!!

ollie

i love riding in the rain or after its just finshed raining, the skill level is much more, and you have basicly no brakes :D so its all technique. But you cant do every fing in the wet you can do in the dry some things become to dangerious!

but yer you should try it but BE CAREFUL WEAR A HELMET,

wilky

(Y)

Not so sure on the skill level going up but it makes you more aware of what your doing.

sam

Well it doesn't make you better but it makes your core balance better. Which is that you take more time and do things properley instead of being sketchy and all.

But also the downside slippery.

TOM youlove it in the rain (Y) thats why you didn't come out on friday lol

toby

But technically you didn't ride in the rain did you ^_^

Ride in the pissing rain, you will find it sooo much better

Haha. I don't like riding in rain :D

It's spitting now, and I don't think I want to treck to Leeds and ride, 'cos it'll be all wet n shit. If it clears up a bit I might though.

It kinda makes street stupidly hard though. Rail gaps? In wet? That'll be fun haha.

We're meant to be videoing today too (Y) Looks like I'm riding with Biff tomorrow. Damn haha :)