Random Question... Who On Tf Works In A Bike Shop?

street trials rider

I think at the moment we have around 80 bikes to pdi before crimbo.

I'm sure more well established stores would do alot more.

Just can't wait for the awkard customers after crimbo, I love a good argument, especially when its something like "I bought this bike, and the cranks have fallen off!!" "Did you buy it boxed?" "Yes"

End of, lovly. Can I interest you in these really cheap cranks as a replacement, and charge you for the privilge.

Well considering we only opened in september, people hardly know we are here.

PDI bikes hardly seem to come back (especially if you don't explain the 6 week check) idiots with boxed bikes come back often expecting everything to be all ready to ride for them.

i've got to build 15 a day from about mid november till 16th dec ON MY OWN.... but i'm out back in warehouse, and i can listen to my mp3 player, eat + drink, and get to tell people to ef off when they ask me to come serve customers :) :) even the deputy manager :thumbsup: mechanics get all the power at xmas :)

for the mechanics among you all, take out a care plan on your own bike, then do the labour in your own time, then run it through the systems for extra payrol credit (Y)

Edited by street trials rider

...not to mention those pesky customers? Working on my own, serving customers, sorting my bike out and having a few 'relaxation' sessions (chilling in the 'office' drinking coke and reading Dig/Ride), I comfortably got 5 bikes built in a day.

God, I can't even believe we're talking about how quick we can build bikes (Y)

Isn't it great though when they come boxed, but with the cables all f**ked up so a simple 5 minute job takes bloody ages.

Yeah it is a lot harder at blackpool halfords thouygh jay, its like build a bike , hlf way through "where are the innertubes" get back to work . . . . another question.

much more stress ir eckon than what your doing now, constant interuption no help, work with f**king idiots, watch out for thieves, etc etc.

but on a plus note its only like an extra five minutes from sam taylors, there on the same lane lol.

and it will be better pay. (Y)

I work at Halfords Cheltenham, store 754 I think. Is the forum worth signing up for? lol

Has anyone else had some trouble with b*****d thieving chavs recently? We've had 2 bikes nicked from out the front and a bunch of 'em came in the other week and when they left we found a load of the bandanas had been nicked and probably a load of other stuff. c**ts (Y)

i work in a wikid bike shop............ Aire Valley in keighley...........its mint playing with all the top end full sus bikes, non of the halfords £69.99 full sus stuff :D like porter fixing wheels with big hammers and stuff (Y) altho it was funny to see yesterday in bristol.

Waynio.........................

work in alpine bikes aberdeen, as a sales person, awwwwwwwwwwww yea.

shovel from aberdeen also works there as a mechanic, with hsi massive hands

yes indeed, great fun working there

call yourself a sales person ben, well you might sell something now that the internets blocked (Y)

Has anyone else had some trouble with b*****d thieving chavs recently? We've had 2 bikes nicked from out the front and a bunch of 'em came in the other week and when they left we found a load of the bandanas had been nicked and probably a load of other stuff. c**ts (Y)

yeah we had 2 Carera Banshes taken from stand and then they walked straight out the front door with them :P 1 on a friday, the other 2 days later on a sunday.... they'll have fun now, ALL bikes on the shop floor have 1 pedal, and the brakes fully adjusted on B) cheaky theiving c**ts :D

on another note yeah the demolitions are a right royal pain in the ass :D almost as bad as the a-POO-llos..... wheels are straight, inflate tyres, wheel's buckled :o loads of fun

*tally now at 17*

Edited by street trials rider

i used to work in halfords, 708 i think, the braintree store, bloody essex bollox.... ^_^ i then worked in bikeland over here for nearly a year, got fed up of my boss <_< , looked around for work, all the bikeshops we either crap, or ran by wankers...so i decided to open my own.. :P :P

we had a intresting one yesterday + today (thurs + fri).... last night a guy came upstairs with his absolutly f**ked apollo ditched it on the shop floor... proceeed to pick up a £400 bike then tryed walking out the fornt door with it :P however we caught him half way accross the car park :D dumb git realised it only had 1 pedal and ditched the bike and ran off after realising we we're chasing him...

then today he decided to phone up asking if his bike he left with us last night had been repaired and ready for collecting :P dumb f**k :lol: we got his details for the records :P