Was Wondering When I'm Ever Going To Get Validated...

maggins

There was a topic like this a while ago.

Everyone was moaning (just like this...) and to prove that it is quality not quantity, a member made a new account (think it was called Santa_claus) and got it validated in a few hours with around 3 posts.

Search it.

There was a topic like this a while ago.

Everyone was moaning (just like this...) and to prove that it is quality not quantity, a member made a new account (think it was called Santa_claus) and got it validated in a few hours with around 3 posts.

Search it.

Yea this was my point, that I have made many more what I think are 'quality' posts and still.....no validation. I can understand the mods are very busy, but I think 1 year is enough to validate one person don't you or is that being unreasonable. But to be honest I think I have a percetly good reason to moan and whinge and complain. If you find in one of my posts that I have been using text talk or said something stupid (not counting this topic becasue that was the whole point in this topic) then yell at me and hate me for ever

(Y)

Jack

just a quickie, do you get validated through an e-mail or does it just change?

Theres 4 groups of members.....

1. pre members

2. normal members

3. mods

4.admins

Then in the admin/mod CP they just change which group u belong to. (Y)

Thats how it usally works on IPB forums

Edited by Neodug

Woo. Do you reckon this could get moderators attention B) ......But then not much does so I'm not going to put a bet on it......

The moderators will probably give you a warning for posting rubbish and not following guidelines, to be honest.

Actually thats a point, do you reckon that the topics you start and the number of replies could affect how fast you get validated? (Y)

Depends on the topic. If it is a very helpful topic about trials or something else, maydo, if you write it correctly and explained well. If it is a post like " trials_god_8578 phone me" or "y aint i being validated?" or other rubbish, no!

New member chat is for people to get used to using the forum and using it probably! Follow the guidelines! Copy your posts into word to check spelling and punctuation. Be helpfull. Dont abuse anyone, even if you know them (unless it is a joke (if you know them)).

It just changes.

Joel :D

Edited by Joelio

Depends on the topic. If it is a very helpful topic about trials or something else, maydo, if you write it correctly and explained well. If it is a post like " trials_god_8578 phone me" or "y aint i being validated?" or other rubbish, no!

Joel <_<

I'll admit that I have done this just once to get a hold of Pauloliver to buy my cranks off him due to the fact my msn had been done and I cudn't get ahold of him on the members buy/sell. And I don't post things like: y ain't i being validated.......if you read the topic title.

New member chat is for people to get used to using the forum and using it probably! Follow the guidelines! Copy your posts into word to check spelling and punctuation. Be helpfull. Dont abuse anyone, even if you know them (unless it is a joke (if you know them)).

It just changes.

Excuse me and you think I haven't got used to it already!!!!

And yes I have been following guidelines for over a year now until this day and to honest its p*ssing me off!

I can understand that mods don't want c*ckheads in the members using text talk and posting crap like this, but can't you at least see I'm not one of these people (or never used to be until I became a rebel and broke the guidelines ^_^)

Jack

Right then. In order :D

Im waiting my turn to be valided so should u. But it was anoying seeing that guy get validated after like 3 posts

Some people get validated faster than others. Have you noticed how the people who get validated faster tend to make decent, well informed posts, not using txt-talk or talking crap?

Oh well I've heard that some people ask onzaboymark on msn but we can't do nothing about it so meh

Total Cumulative Posts 523

( 4 posts per day / 0.11% of total forum posts )

Erm, people link me to people's T-F Profiles to say I should have a look at them, and I'll check their posts out. If they're good, then I'll pass that information on to Tom or Danny. Moderators can't validate people any more (since the board was upgraded quite a while back), so whoever "you heard" that I just validate people who ask me on MSN from was wrong. Usually, if I get some member from NMC asking me ot validate them, they usually end up blocked simply because I can't really be arsed dealing with people on MSN going "u gna valid8 ma yet m8" constantly. It's not that much fun ;)

It just changes. Some people don't notice though, so occassionally we have to use one of the "auto-mod" features which moves people's topics from NMC to Trials Chat, just so they realise. Your name turns black and it says "Member", which is generally enough of a clue :P

we dont know cause theres only one way to find out

<_<

but yeah there dont seem to be many people getting validated who maybe deserve it. keep the posts going on the forum and i'm sure it will happen. good luck chaps. :P

Danny and Tomturd are the only people who can validate people at the moment. Both Danny and Tomturd are at university, so they're usually very busy. Tom, for example, has a shitload of work to do now (judging from speaking to him, anyway), so checking out the hordes of new members isn't really as important as completing his degree, not to mention it's really time-consuming. Before we validate members, we check the other posts/members who use the same IP to check that it's not someone who's already got an account or has been banned/suspended before, and we check otu all their posts thoroughly. Some people slip through the net though, but they're generally sorted out fairly quickly.

There's also a thread in the Senior Member Chat forum (for mods/admin/SM's) which has a list of people's profiles so Danny and Tom can just run through them and validate them. That's why you'll notice quite often just a batch of people will become validated all of a sudden.

Couldn't the mods/admins just look throught some on the older pre members? we all know nothing will happen really though. :P

There are many, many thousand users on Trials-Forum. There are 3,600-ish active members alone, and there are over 8,000 usernames registered. If you think about that, you can imagine just how impossible it'd be to go through everyone. Generally, people will just check out the active topics to see if anyone needs validating or not, so just keep making useful posts that are well laid out, etc., and you WILL get noticed. How long it takes to validate you is another matter though simply because as I've said, Danny and Tom are very busy.

I have to agree, it is annoying being a pre-member. I've been one 4 months, so nothing like the thread starter's YEAR, but still. It's like having 2 Trials Chat forums, for first and second class members.

I think it's better to judge everyone innocent until proven guilty. Then you could have a forum called 'sub-members' and stick all the people with bad grammar in there ^_^

There have been many, many instances where people have come on here purely to cause trouble. It's a lot easier for moderators and admin (and the general members on the forum) is these crappy topics/posts are just put in one place. It means that it doesn't get strewn around the forum, so people who come here to ruin the forum don't get a chance to. Also, it means members get a chance to see who's trustworthy (which is why we operate a "no FS/WTD threads in NMC" policy), and it means that if someone is suspended/banned, if they try to make a new account they still can't get access to the whole forum. There are many plus points for having NMC. I know that it seems like "first and second class" people, but if it runs smoothly it should be a fairly quick procedure. It's just that it's slower at the moment because Tom and Danny are back in uni now, plus moderators aren't able to validate people any more (which should change soon).

It will but whatever I wont be validated anyway because if after ages they didn't and don't read through the posts then it will never happen they will read this post though , for sure

oh my god for using slang like proper unless your posh or they expect you to be posh I say proper which means good :P

Speaking correctly and putting effort into posts isn't "Being posh", it'll help you out in the long run. Not only will you not appear to be stupid, but also, people are more likely to help you out. If, say, you put up a topic called "help me bled my mags" and then posted in it something along the lines of "cn ne of u hlp me bleed ma magz plzzzzz", you're way less likely to get help than someone who types "Can anyone help me bleed my Magura please?" If you can't be arsed to put any effort into asking for help, why should people be arsed to put any effort into giving you help? The forum works both ways, it's not just purely a "take take take" setup.

Anyway, I'll leave this open for a bit now I've put my reply in so people can ask any more questions/raise any points if they want to. If it just turns into shit "y aint i val8d yet m8" stuff it'll be closed again though...

Erm, not that I'm aware of? As far as I know one of the admin have to mess about with the settings and code to try and get it so there's a semi-admin group for moderators to go into so we use some admin tools (specifically altering member group from Non-Member to Member), and then we should be A-OK.

Erm, not that I'm aware of? As far as I know one of the admin have to mess about with the settings and code to try and get it so there's a semi-admin group for moderators to go into so we use some admin tools (specifically altering member group from Non-Member to Member), and then we should be A-OK.

thanks mark <_<

steve.

There's also a thread in the Senior Member Chat forum (for mods/admin/SM's) which has a list of people's profiles so Danny and Tom can just run through them and validate them. That's why you'll notice quite often just a batch of people will become validated all of a sudden.

When people are put into that group is that why in people avatars, instead of "pre member" it say's "validating". Or am i just completely off the right tracks? <_<

When people are put into that group is that why in people avatars, instead of "pre member" it say's "validating". Or am i just completely off the right tracks? <_<

Waaaaaaaaaay off ^_^ It doesn't actually mean anything if you're in that thread, except you're being brought to the admin/mod's attention. "Validating" typically means that the forum's waiting for the new member to reply to the e-mail that validates their account (which you get when you initially sign up), which puts you in the New Members group.

Waaaaaaaaaay off ^_^ It doesn't actually mean anything if you're in that thread, except you're being brought to the admin/mod's attention. "Validating" typically means that the forum's waiting for the new member to reply to the e-mail that validates their account (which you get when you initially sign up), which puts you in the New Members group.

Okay then <_< . Cheers Mark.

QUOTE(maggins @ Oct 27 2005, 09:26 PM)

Woo. Do you reckon this could get moderators attention ......But then not much does so I'm not going to put a bet on it......

The moderators will probably give you a warning for posting rubbish and not following guidelines, to be honest.

QUOTE(maggins @ Oct 27 2005, 09:26 PM)

Actually thats a point, do you reckon that the topics you start and the number of replies could affect how fast you get validated?

QUOTE(Martin @ Oct 27 2005, 08:19 PM)

It just changes.

Joel

lol, i think you meant properly there joel! :P how did you get validated ay? my my ^_^

and copying and pasting into word . . . little drastic, better idea is to just leave the post and get out on your bike! <_<

ben

What is the big deal about getting validated? Is it oh so magical? i don't see the big deal not like you become extra good at biking (although that would be kool). so why the dirty great thread! it's stupid

What is the big deal about getting validated? Is it oh so magical? i don't see the big deal not like you become extra good at biking (although that would be kool). so why the dirty great thread! it's stupid

It's great. you can reply to topics that you couldn't before, like if someone asks a question and you really want to answer but just can't, I hated that. you can reply/start ride topics, and sell goods, you are allowed to talk chit-chat in the correct section without getting bollocked. And you can still reply in here. Being validated opens a wide varity of opertunities. so be good boys and girls, GET VALIDATED!!!!

It's great. you can reply to topics that you couldn't before, like if someone asks a question and you really want to answer but just can't, I hated that. you can reply/start ride topics, and sell goods, you are allowed to talk chit-chat in the correct section without getting bollocked. And you can still reply in here. Being validated opens a wide varity of opertunities. so be good boys and girls, GET VALIDATED!!!!

You like to rub it in don't you lol :P

And I can see why they do new members chat because there are a lot of people that were scammers or there us't to be so the system(sp) dose work and it dosn't matter if you don't think it dose because that santa_claus is a perfect example <_<. That with the right post's and topics you will get validated so try not to mone about it and just get on with good posts and good riding ^_^

rickyb

Edited by rickyb

Takes ages

No it doesn't I was validated in a week, admittedly it wasn't as busy back then. Just make sure that you only post things WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Its quite easy to notice when you don't have a clue about what your saying but you thought you would post anyway.

just hang in there, if your good enough to be in the validated group you will be picked.. eventually.