Echo Forks Don't Fit

Mc Lovin

I just now got some echo forks from tartybikes and they don't fit onto my T-pro. I've already got about 12mm worth of spacers and i was just wondering weather i would have to cut them down or anything because i still have about 15mm-20mm worth of space between my stem and headset. Also do you get a top bolt with your forks or stem because i didn't get one.

Cheers guys. (Y)

If your talking about the peice of metal forgot what its called but yes.. you put on everything the ammount of spacers you want pick up a junior hack saw and make a lil mark... take everything off then clamp it start on the mark and cut down leave a mm so you can file down nice and flat stick a stars nut in then jobs a goodun or this is how we bodged it....

May be a more precice way or ricks bike may fall apart soon!

you can ether buy a star nut from your local bike shop or to save alot of hassle you could buy a headlock, its basically a bolt which replaces the top cap bolt in your stem, the other end of it fits into the steerer tube just above where the front wheel sits, saves alot of hassle with stupid fiddly starnuts!

phill

correct me if i'm wrong but a t-pro has a 60mm steerer tube so measure your stem (the inside of the clamp) add that to that and any spacers you'd like to fit, take away say 5mm from that sum to stop the stem cap touching the steerer and cut it to that length. (Y)

before you cut them take a screw driver and a hammer and knock the star nut down just below where your going to cut!!!

or just take it to your local bike shop :lol:

hope that helps

Edited by joshywa

Cheers guys, I've cut down my forks and it works nicely, but when i went to put my pads onto my rim, the wheel was fully locked up and the rim didn't budge. I unwound my TPA and it was still just as bad so I came to the conclusion that my rim was very wide, (front onza hog) so i attacked my break pads with a grinder and took about half a cm off them so problem solved, or more like problem bodged, and now my rim now spins. :turned:

Wo wo wo DUDE STOP!!! Right now kick you self cos your gonna

1, Take some pics as whats been said above by you self doesn't even register on my brain.

2, Why not take your old forks measure the length of the steratube and cut.

3, Get a mate that knows what there doing to help you maybe show you.

4, If no mates then try us

5, if you still are lost then LBS £15 tops.

When you but forks you don't get a star fangled nut inc'd all the time so do some dont! There really cheap and you'll probs be better getitng a 1'' one as Echo have silly thick streatubes.

If you are still stuck i don't mind tlaking through with you on the phone which might help you more...i duno let me know.

Pete

Wo wo wo DUDE STOP!!! Right now kick you self cos your gonna

1, Take some pics as whats been said above by you self doesn't even register on my brain.

2, Why not take your old forks measure the length of the steratube and cut.

3, Get a mate that knows what there doing to help you maybe show you.

4, If no mates then try us

5, if you still are lost then LBS £15 tops.

When you but forks you don't get a star fangled nut inc'd all the time so do some dont! There really cheap and you'll probs be better getitng a 1'' one as Echo have silly thick streatubes.

If you are still stuck i don't mind tlaking through with you on the phone which might help you more...i duno let me know.

Pete

He's already said he's cut it :turned:

:shifty:

If i cut them down how do i get the bit inside of the forks where the top bolt screw into?

i did this jus cut dem down then get a new start nut and put that inside the top wich will be further down because u would of cut the tube and that will work lots of people i no dod this