Hope Xc?

Control-Trials

i run a hope bulb its ok ive sent it to hope once because it basically didnt stop skipping :( but now its great theres a lil skip here and there but what hub dosent great hub put i would prefer the xc lot cheaper as well :S

but both in my opinion are better than a king

hope this helps

ric

i run a hope bulb its ok ive sent it to hope once because it basically didnt stop skipping :( but now its great theres a lil skip here and there but what hub dosent great hub put i would prefer the xc lot cheaper as well :S

but both in my opinion are better than a king

hope this helps

ric

Why do you think they are better than the kings? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just intrigued.

Is it a price thing?

ok the price is one thing

ian on here got a green king lar d dar but it never stops skipping and now the ferret has it it still skips at least 4-5 times a day, and when i had my xc i sold it to my mate and it still hasent skipped and its god damm cheaper

thats y id prefer a xc to king, but i if i was offered a king then yes i would have have it (then sell it) :(

ok the price is one thing

ian on here got a green king lar d dar but it never stops skipping and now the ferret has it it still skips at least 4-5 times a day, and when i had my xc i sold it to my mate and it still hasent skipped and its god damm cheaper

thats y id prefer a xc to king, but i if i was offered a king then yes i would have have it (then sell it) :)

few people got this problem from new kings, solved with wd40/propper lube, was told sumit about the lube they use being to thick, wd40 works but i dunno what long term effect is :(

hope xc rock :S

XC is definitely 21 engagement points, i have one on my zoo - it never skips.

the bonus of a hope is when it dies hope will sort it out so it more of an investment for the future!

bulbs are better i have one on my pashley 24mhz, 36 engagement points of sweetness.

another good point about the hope are the seals are made for the UK market so last well in our crappy conditions plus the cartridge bearings are cheep to replace if they go.

king is better but the new echo has the same amount of engagement points neither has a fantastic (UK based) warranty like the hope so who can tell which is better in the long run. we will have to see what the echo is doing after 6 months of abuse :(

Personally, i would have a king, but only if it NEVER EVER skips! i wouldnt pay £300 odd on a hub that skips alot.... plus, i think that the kings are a waste IMO (but id still have one) cause you have to buy new freewheels n shit for them cause they arnt strong enough for trials n shit :(

anybody no how many engagement points the hope mono has?

a hope mono is basicaly an xc without a disk mount - so 21, a good choice fore trials the ti ones are realy light

if you are on a budget then -----

personaly - i would go for a ACS claw free wheel on a bmx style hub, 32 engagement points and the free wheel cost about £5 !

or you can upgrade to an ENO white industries free-whee for £59 (on ebay) and get 72 engagement points.

you can put the freewheel on the cranks and get a fixed hub (echo or onza are a good choice).

if your freewheel brakes then who cares they cost a 5er get a new one plus they dont skip (acs anyway)