Gu Frames

Jenn24

gu 26

ive rode the GU 26 quite alot as my mate has one, my advice to you is to steer clear. if you want high bb get a vinco . the GU has super short rear stays and it feels awful, the vinco has longer stays and feels amazing.

in my opinion though get a low bb frame like a control :P

My pitbull feels lovely and its got a little bb rise, however I wouldn't be able to advice you on any other than the pitbull because I don't hardly even know any riders except my mate who rides a 20" t-mag :turned:

My pitbull feels lovely and its got a little bb rise, however I wouldn't be able to advice you on any other than the pitbull because I don't hardly even know any riders except my mate who rides a 20" t-mag :turned:

what pitbull do you have? 06 or previous versions? the older 1s only have 10mm rise which is basically the same as every trials frame available except the new high bbs frames.

right heres my pros and cons experience of high bb

pros

amazingly stable on backwheel

feels nice to gap and sidehop

ground clearance

cons

odd at first

cant actually gap as far

the really dont like taps

long high stem feels awful when moving the bike

my advice to you is dont bother with high bb

you will no doubt go back to a low bb bike eventually(and love the decision) as i and many other people i know have done.

although the bikes feel nice and for most things feel easy to ride they dont actually perform as well as low bb bikes. they way you transfer power in them just feels odd and causes looping out and just a general lack of direction

i was progressing really fast on my levelboss, yet didnt much on my vinco, although now i have my control i have progressed loads in 3 weeks(eg. +8 inch to my taps)

consider geting a echo control or a limey or something similar, nice long wheel base(1080 aprox) and low bb (+10mm)

[fashionable]Yeah, only gay people and people with syphillis like high BB frames. [/fashionable]

To be honest, all the bikes I've ridden with "high" BB's have felt nice. That's pretty much all there is to it, really :P

Ill have u no, im very much in to women actually!

there is some very informative information in this post! i like it.

il side with chris on this one, the high bb malarky isnt what its all cracked upto be. BUT i will say this, if you ride natural and only natural where tapping and streety moves are not really the easiest things to pull, then yes they may be considered worth getting. but if you ride street quite alot then you will suffer your natural ability will progress but your street will degress.

Waynio..........................